Personal message from Kamelot for PPUSA fans

Thank you guys so much for doing this! I hope I can buy you all a beer and persuade you to try my favorite shot (a red-headed slut)! It's full of Jäger goodness. I can't wait for this once-in-a-lifetime show!

Please give Roy our best and tell him we hope he feels better soon!

Actually, I think that Thomas and the team have made a good decision to proceed with PP and a good decision to not proceed with the tour. I absolutely love Micheal and am greatly looking forward to his performance on Friday night; however, the tour would not be the same without Roy. This actually works out great for me, because I was not going to get a chance to see them at JAXX in Virginia. Now, I am hopefully of seeing them on the rescheduled tour, famliar with the new album, and with an expection of hearing a lot of the new album LIVE!:) Plus, I have this great chance to see a very unique one-off show with Micheal!:headbang:

Wish I could be there!! You guys rock & definitely all deserve a few beers after all this! :)

Awww best of luck to Michael!! I think if he puts the lyrics under his pillow at night, they'll seep into his head. That's how I used to study for chemistry in high school...What? I failed? Oh... LOL

I hope I can buy you all a beer and persuade you to try my favorite shot (a red-headed slut)! It's full of Jäger goodness.

Does it also have peach schnapps? Ehhhh... :ill:

Moreso than the fact that they're doing this for the fans, this one off, to make sure they all get Kamelot, I can't even imagine the relief this gives to Glenn, to not have to worry about a headliner needing to drop out a week before the show. I'd like to think the band is sensitive to that equally as much as disappointing the fans, because that would have been utter hell.

Kamelot: Much Respect. Michael of Circus Maximus, not my favorite vocalist, but equal respect for just being awesome.

Actually, I think that Thomas and the team have made a good decision to proceed with PP and a good decision to not proceed with the tour. I absolutely love Micheal and am greatly looking forward to his performance on Friday night; however, the tour would not be the same without Roy. This actually works out great for me, because I was not going to get a chance to see them at JAXX in Virginia. Now, I am hopefully of seeing them on the rescheduled tour, famliar with the new album, and with an expection of hearing a lot of the new album LIVE!:) Plus, I have this great chance to see a very unique one-off show with Micheal!:headbang:

Plus, the Progpower fanbase are familiar with him. A regular US tour with would not have gone well. You pretty much had to assume that the majority of those who had not bought a ticket yet for those shows would not have done so. Also, not to stereotype but I find a lot of the fans that were at the last Kamelot show here in Chicago are a finnicky bunch. They aren't nearly as open-minded as the Progpower faithful.

I find it odd that a few days ago the band announced Roy was ill and Michael would be filling in for the tour, etc... Only days later, they put another announcement out stating that the tour is postponed. What happened within that 2-3 day time span? Don't get me wrong, I am psyched to see them at PP; just curious if anyone knows what caused them to decide not to move forward with Michael for the tour.

I find it odd that a few days ago the band announced Roy was ill and Michael would be filling in for the tour, etc... Only days later, they put another announcement out stating that the tour is postponed. What happened within that 2-3 day time span? Don't get me wrong, I am psyched to see them at PP; just curious if anyone knows what caused them to decide not to move forward with Michael for the tour.

Not that odd, to me it seems like a pretty understandable reaction. You encounter a huge, unforseen problem, you try to fix it as best you can, you realize it's just not working, you give up to try again at a better time when conditions are better. If I was Kamelot I could see myself doing the exact same thing, to be honest. It's human.

Pure class act. I'm really looking forward to this once in a lifetime show!! Thanks for making progpower even more special than it already is. Kick some f'in ass!!

I did too initially, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. I'm guessing the rehearsals were going well, but in Thomas' gut he felt that the tour wouldn't go well without Khan. As I said previously, them doing PP is one thing because we're used to Michael, but the average Kamelot fan is not going to be appreciative of it. You never know, they could've been checking forums and such too and after seeing backlash of fans' comments they could've made the decision as well.

Not that odd, to me it seems like a pretty understandable reaction. You encounter a huge, unforseen problem, you try to fix it as best you can, you realize it's just not working, you give up to try again at a better time when conditions are better. If I was Kamelot I could see myself doing the exact same thing, to be honest. It's human.

I have to disagree. You don't jump the gun with an official statement like that unless your positive it will work. I can appreciate their attempt and in no way is this intended to be an attack; just found it a bit strange to go public with that kind of announcement to only take it back days later. Regardless, I am excited to see them nonetheless. I'm sure they have their reasons.

I'm pretty stoked that we ProgPower attendees are going to be the only folks to see this special show. However, I do know a handful of folks back home who are going to be pissed to find out that this tour is not happening. I understand that the majority of Kamelot fans wouldn't be nearly as accepting of Michael as we are, but I would have loved to see the looks on the faces of the ones who would have checked it out.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Speaking of Kamelot and their awesomeness, does anyone know where to send fan mail? I couldn't find anything. Normally I'm not one for it, but I was going to bring a get-well-soon card to PP for one of the guys to pass to Roy. Sadly, I won't make it there. Still wanna send the card.