Possible Line Up For PP X

:p nope - Glenn merely asked me to assist with running the Wednesday night show (after - I repeat after - he offered my son's band to play). Since Glenn had his hand's full with Thu-Sat, he needed a break. So I gladly stepped in to help.

Having worked with CIIC back in February, I'm looking very forward to doing it again Sept 24th.

this show is gonna RAWK!!! :headbang:
Ain't no doubt about it, brother!:headbang::kickass: Hoyt sure does know how to run a first-class gig, too! I am very much looking forward to Wednesday night!:kickass:

One word "TAROT"

okay add some more words>

Thurs.
Vanden Plas
Machine Men
Ordan Ogan
Prymary

Friday
Within Temptation
Tarot
Pyramaze
Civilization One
Votum
Six Minute Century

Sat
Symphony X
Kamelot
Freak Kitchen
Nocturnal Rites
Brother Firetribe
Hangar

I'd take out SX, move Kamelot up one and toss in Turisas somewhere on Sat. Though Kamelot tours here a lot these days so not sure they'd be a big festival draw.

Let me pull the plug on Wed night right now. We go back to just metal karaoke next year. This year has worn me the hell out.

Although I am probably looking forward to Wednesday night the most this year, I'm actually glad to hear that. It's a LOT to have going on in such a short time.

And oh yeah, to Dolamite or whoever it was... so Urban's going to be there next year? Good to know :lol: since AFAIK there's maybe a 50% chance he'll even be there this year!

Shaye

All right - I've seen Six Minute Century (http://www.sixminutecentury.com/) (http://www.myspace.com/sixminutecentury) mentioned several times and I can't resist!! They have blown everone away that has heard the or listened to their CD or seen them live. They rocked Texas Madfest and Nightmare Fest. They slayed at Rocklahoma (they sold more CDs than any other band on the side stages). They played "April 19", a song about the Oklahoma City bombing at Rocklahoma (40 mi. from Ok. City) and got a VERY emotional response for the crowd.

Don LaFon has brought the lead guitar back into metal. Chuck Williams will remind you of Tony Harnell. This band sounds like no other out there and they have something to say. They would FUCKING bring down the house at PP. This is one of many glowing reviews of their CD, "Time capsules" popping up around the world:

http://mtibelgium.00freehost.com/SixminutecenturyCDreviewTimecapsules.html

If anyone has a doubt, ask Shane or anyone else that has seen SMC live. What a GREAT fit for PP!!!!!!

Glenn - Would Testament be within the realm of PP?? I saw them in a venue near Houston that was half the size of Center Stage. I would also like Mercenary and Primal Fear again.

Chris :headbang:

I kinda hope Evergrey isn't a headliner, I mean they're good and I wouldn't doubt seeing them next year but i'd hope a high slot, like direct support. Personally some really cool choices(as of no surprise here!)

Jag Panzer -- new album next year and early touring they have stated, may play some festivals later in the year?
Nevermore -- well haven't been snagged yet and asked twice, I hope no bad blood and I think they have a 2nd guitarist finally..
Rhapsody -- Well finally can bring the best euro-PM band ever over :)

I'm not going to try to predict a lineup since I've struck out for three straight years, but I will list a few bands I think should really be there that haven't:

Nocturnal Rites
Any Magnus Karlsson project other than Primal Fear
Freedom Call
Andre Matos
Power Quest

And the two returning bands I most want to see:
Circus Maximus(should be touring on album #3 at that point)
Symphony X(A band that played 3 of the first 4 PPs but which hasn't been seen in over 5 years despite an awesome last release).

I'm not going to try to predict a lineup since I've struck out for three straight years, but I will list a few bands I think should really be there that haven't:

Nocturnal Rites
Any Magnus Karlsson project other than Primal Fear
Freedom Call
Andre Matos
Power Quest

And the two returning bands I most want to see:
Circus Maximus(should be touring on album #3 at that point)
Symphony X(A band that played 3 of the first 4 PPs but which hasn't been seen in over 5 years despite an awesome last release).
But, SYMPHONY X is starting the THIRD North American leg of their Paradise Lost tour in the fall. Is another Progpower appearance really needed at this point?

Thurs:
Vanden Plas (Didn't get to do it last time around, really don't see them as a headliner for the actual fest but they definitely deserve the spot)
Pyramaze (These guys pretty much need to play after bringing Barlow back to the scene, period.)
Suspyre (An appearance here is overdue I think)
Odin's Court (Getting Tony Taco and Tom Englund on their last album is totally reason enough to get them a slot on the fest)

Fri:
Evergrey (Torn is badass, why not?)
Tarot (This pretty much has to happen.)
Astral Doors (Already Confirmed)
Kiuas (Getting a lot of buzz with their new album lately.)
Mechanical Poet (Overdue for an appearance.)
Versailles (Quality power metal, get this shit started right.)

Sat:
Pain of Salvation (Glenn convinces them to come down for a special show)
Andre Matos (The guy needs an appearance in America already)
Labyrinth (Obviously long overdue)
Eternity X (Sudano returns in a slot just long enough to play The Edge in its entirety)
To-Mera (Delusions is getting some serious love, deserving of this spot I think)
Venturia (I hoped this happened in 06, then again in 07, and again in 08, with a new album out this year hopefully it can generate enough buzz to get them the slot next year)