Power Quest press release - Blood Alliance track list revealed

excited about the disc but I wish bands went back to painted artwork. Something about the computer generated artwork that seems flat to me. Still a nice looking cover just I think the painted covers just stand the test of time more. Really interested in hearing the new stuff with the newer line up. I hope to add this to my next years top albums.

Nah, the computer generated artwork is a lot cooler.

I think Al was a good vocalist, I'm just not sure he fit Power Quest that well except on the more AOR-oriented songs. On the faster tunes I don't think he held up all that well.

I'm not sure about Chitty in Power Quest either(What I'd really like to see is ZP Theart), but I'm willing to give it a chance. They never fail to write good songs.

Wow these samples sound amazing. The only thing is Chitty sounds a bit odd singing in Power Quest cause his register seems far too low to what I've been used to in your band Steve. Musically the band sounds totally killer. I get a strong Gamma Ray feeling to the songs.

Latest news.......

POWER QUEST ANNOUNCE LIVE SHOWS AND ALBUM TRACK EXCLUSIVE!

POWER QUEST can now confirm that they will be returning to Prestatyn, North Wales on Saturday 19th March 2011 for Hammerfest III, they will be sharing the stage with Biohazard, Satyricon and Sabaton amongst others.

POWER QUEST are pleased to announce this years UK dates with a headliner tour in May promoting their eagerly anticipated new release BLOOD ALLIANCE. The band will be showcasing a handful of new tracks in London, Derby, Manchester and Glasgow, Steve Williams commented:
“We are really excited to hit the road again, it’s been way too long for our UK fans and we finally return to Glasgow as well! The demand was so high, we couldn’t miss that. And we are also working on a few European dates. So - 2011 will see a lot of us, that’s for sure!! “

WORLD EXCLUSIVE RADIO AIRPLAY AND MYSPACE STREAMING:

Blood Alliance will be released in Japan on 26th January but Steve and the rest of the band wanted EVERYONE to have the opportunity to hear a track from the new album, so we have an exclusive play of ‘SURVIVE’ on the “Get Ready to Rock” show with David Randall this Sunday 23rd January at 10pm (GMT) www.getreadytorockradio.com/david_randall.htm. ‘SURVIVE’ will also be available for fans to stream at www.myspace.com/powerquest from Monday, 24th January 7pm (GMT).

Blood Alliance tour schedule:

Festivals
• March 19th - Hammerfest III, Prestatyn, Noth Wales
• May 29th-June 8th - Hard Rock Hell Roadtrip, Ibiza
• August 13th - Bloodstock Open Air, Derby, UK

PQ Headline shows - Blood Alliance Tour 2011
• May 5th - London - Purple Turtle
• May 6th - Derby - Redemption Club
• May 7th - Manchester - Satan's Hollow
• May 8th - Glasgow - Classic Grand

For interviews and album reviews, please contact our Press Team:
andy@napalmrecords.com (UK), ben@napalmrecords.com (rest of the world).

I was definitely a big fan of Alessio's vocals as I love the happy power metal high pitched vocals. When I heard Chtty was the replacement, I must say I was not thrilled as his voice doesn't fit the mold of what I knew PQ to be. That is not to say that I don't enjoy Chitty as I think Red Circuit is great; I'm just not sure how his vocal style will mesh with the PQ sound I have loved over the years.

I could have seen the guy from Platitude fitting in there nicely, but I am open-minded and will certainly give Chitty a shot with a musical setting that I am not accustomed to hearing him in. I really hope it works:kickass:

Steve, that is a great song. However I am still finding it difficult to hear Chitty sing in your band. He is a quality singer don't me wrong but I can just imagine Alex singing this song accent an all hehe! Chitty's throaty more powerful delivery seems rather odd I just can't get my head around it at the moment and it's gonna get some getting used to. The solo section in this song is just fantastic though Steve and the chorus is great especially that key change at the end. I will wait to order it from play or hmv they are usually the cheapest.

I hear ya dude! I decided to take the opportunity to take a different approach with the new line up, rather than look for Alessio MKII. It's going to be interesting to see the reaction from both those who loved Alessio's style and those who didn't like it at all.

Lots of great feedback over at the PQ forum so far though, which is really cool to hear!

Personally, I always thought the strength of Power Quest were the melodies, not necessarily the singer. So if they are still bringing the melodies, I don't think Chitty will be too difficult to get used to, although I was surprised given the availability of smoother voices in the scene.