PP openers

jaimek

incorrigible
Jun 17, 2003
Apex, NC
A discussion over on the SymX thread gave me this idea for a general poll:

Which bands would you like to see *open* at ProgPower - ie, the first band on Fri or Sat? You know; bands that are excellent but don't have as much draw potential, but not quite so unknown as to be relegated to the Thurs. night preparty?

Me, I'd really like to see Thunderstone on the bill. They're a Finnish band, opened with SX for Strato in Europe, and surprisingly good for a standard melodic rock band. They have one CD out, a second will be out this winter. If they can afford to ship all their gear out this way, I think it'd be a great opportunity for them.

They're also possibly the only band out there that could give Evergrey a run for their money when it comes to alcohol consumption! *cackle*

Theocracy & Brainstorm

Tunnelvision & Manticora

Lost Horizon & Ephemeral Sun

I'd think Adagio, Lost Horizon, & Brainstorm would would have enough draw for the second slot at least....

~Sh0k~

Tiles - They opened for DT in Europe on the Scenes Tour I think... They have a new album coming out soon. I don't know if they are METAL enough for PP, but I've gotta give it up for my local Detroit boys)

Archetype - They just rock

LOL Ephemeral Sun! They have like 50 fans in the whole world!

Lost Horizon would be my first choice (but I think they'd have enough draw for 2nd slot), closely followed by Human Fortress.

Another band you should NOT forget is Twilightning, a very new but very VERY badass band.

alexofbodom said:
Adagio and Lost Horizon
Excelent choices. Two incredible bands that must appear at ProgPower!!!! Adagio is amazing and the last Lost Horizon blew me away!

My other choices would be
1. Tomorrow's Eve- incredible band with 2 albums out
2. Arwen- Awesome band from Spain I think!

requiem99 said:
LOL Ephemeral Sun! They have like 50 fans in the whole world!

Lost Horizon would be my first choice (but I think they'd have enough draw for 2nd slot), closely followed by Human Fortress.

Another band you should NOT forget is Twilightning, a very new but very VERY badass band.

Waaah! I hope that we have more the 50 fans by now at least.. hehehe

Thank you for the vote for my band sweetie :D

Thunderstone is a very cool suggestion...I love what I hear of their 2nd album and can't wait to receive it next month.

Theocracy is also a pretty decent educated guess for a PP slot this year, in my opinion, due to the connection with Deron. What I do not know, however, is whether or not Matt is playing live gigs at all. I thought it could be a one-off kind-of-thing like Redemption did last year.

Anyway...my two cents'...