Prog Power VIII Reminder

J-Dubya 777

It NEVER ends
Nov 7, 2004
Cheeseland USA
Press release for PP VIII
(www.progpowerusa.com)

ProgPower USA VIII ticket information; Video of Mercenary performing "Cowboys from Hell" now available

ProgPower USA VIII will once again return to Atlanta’s Center Stage Oct. 5-6, 2007. Tickets for the festival go on sale this Saturday at 10:00AM EST via all Ticketmaster outlets. Only 900 tickets will be made available to the public as advance gold badges are once again sold-out. The final billing is as follows (in alphabetical order):

AFTER FOREVER
COMMUNIC
FIREWIND
PAGAN'S MIND
PRIMAL FEAR
RAINTIME
REDEMPTION
SONATA ARCTICA
THRESHOLD
VIRGIN STEELE

The ProgPower USA Showcase is scheduled for Oct 4th at Center Stage. VANDEN PLAS, FREAK KITCHEN, CELLADOR and KRUCIBLE (featuring Lance King, ex-Pyramaze) are confirmed. Ticket information for the Showcase is located in the “event details” section of the website.

ProgPower USA has garnered worldwide acclaim for not only the setting the standard for excellence in the U.S. underground metal scene, but for the rare moments over the years including the Savatage reunion (disguised as Weapons of Mass Destruction), Conception’s reunion show, Pain of Salvation’s all request set, Rob Rock & Timo Kotipelto assisting Edguy with Avantasia songs, Evergrey's 3 hour marathon set (including choir & string quartet) and last year’s all-star vocal ensemble performance of “Stars” led by Jorn Lande. A video of Mercenary’s cover of Pantera’s “Cowboys from Hell” (43 MB) from ProgPower USA VII is now available in the audio/video section of the website. Promoter Glenn Harveston adds, "This is the festival where the magic happens. I wouldn't be surprised if something special happens this year."

J-Dubya

Yes, the Showcase tickets are cheap!! (compared to the main event that is.) I'm definitely going to that also.

Brian and I will be buying tickets for the Showcase for FK, but we won't be attending the actual festival. I think we may travel down to FL and visit his sister for the remainder of that weekend.

Brian and I will be buying tickets for the Showcase for FK, but we won't be attending the actual festival. I think we may travel down to FL and visit his sister for the remainder of that weekend.

Well, at least you won't be missing their coheadlining performance.
Smart move! ;)

J-Dubya

Meg's got the right idea, if Kris and myself were going to attend it would have been just for the showcase, I know some people feel this is the strongest lineup to date, but unfortunatly it just doesn't cut it for me this year maybe if it was even a tad bit stronger we would have tried to attend this year, but imo the showcase is stronger with FK and VP than the headliners of the main stage, but once again its only an opinion and really doesnt hold much weight anyway :)

Meg's got the right idea, if Kris and myself were going to attend it would have been just for the showcase, I know some people feel this is the strongest lineup to date, but unfortunatly it just doesn't cut it for me this year maybe if it was even a tad bit stronger we would have tried to attend this year, but imo the showcase is stronger with FK and VP than the headliners of the main stage, but once again its only an opinion and really doesnt hold much weight anyway :)

Yeah, Brian and I really can't miss a coheadlining FK performance. Fortunately for us, they're just playing the Showcase so we don't have to shell out all that money for the festival ticket. None of the bands this year really excite me, so that would've really pissed me off. :p