ProgPower USA III - 2 more bands announced!

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
For Immediate Release: March 19, 2002

DEVIN TOWNSEND AND SILENT FORCE ADDED TO PROGPOWER USA III

ATLANTA - Devin Townsend (Strapping Young Lad, Ocean Machine) and Silent Force (featuring vocalist DC Cooper, ex-Royal Hunt) are the latest confirmed additions to this year’s ProgPower USA.

ProgPower is a two-day metal event scheduled to take place in Atlanta on Friday and Saturday, November 15 and 16 at the Earthlink Live venue.

With Devin Townsend and Silent Force, 9 of the festival 10 performers have now been announced. Other artists confirmed for the bill include Blind Guardian, Angra, Gamma Ray, Pain of Salvation, Edguy, Threshold, and Reading Zero.

The yet-to-be-filled final slot will be an opening spot on Friday’s show.
“I can tell you that it will go to an emerging progressive metal act that deserves recognition,” said promoter Glenn Harveston.

ProgPower USA, an international affiliate of ProgPower Europe located in the Netherlands, was created to attract the top names in both the progressive and power metal genres. This year’s event – the third ProgPower in the United States – will feature first-time performances from several of its bands, including Blind Guardian, Angra, Gamma Ray, and Threshold.

“We are very excited to take part in the ProgPower fest among the best prog-metal bands on the planet,” said Angra guitarist Rafael Bittencourt. “It will be our first time playing in US and I'm sure we'll have lots of fun. We're gonna rock the place down and show to everyone our power!”

Tickets will go on sale July 1 via all TicketMaster outlets. Only 850 two-day passes will be available to the public at a cost of $80 each.

ProgPower USA has various promotional opportunities for vendors, labels, and bands in the metal market. For more information and full details visit www.progpower.com.

ProgPower USA III is sponsored by Guitar Center in Marietta, Ga.

For more information, please contact:

Michael Mazur or Debbie Sellnow/Mazur Public Relations, Inc.
Tel: (609) 695-1800 Fax: (609) 695-8860
michael@mazurpr.com / debbie@mazurpr.com
www.mazurpr.com
www.progpower.com

###

Ahhh a man of fine taste! Malice - License to Kill RULES!

You just need to tell your wife that your anniversary can be postponed, tell her like it is damn it!

Ok, yes, I'll wake up now. Sorry :( ...

:)

Fuckin' lucky men!!! I can't go to that festival, but anyway, I saw Angra and Silent Force (it was a bad idea by DC Cooper to split with Royal Hunt, Silent Force aren't amazing enough to arrive to the RH quality). And I saw four times Gamma Ray live (or were five? Dunno exactly...).

I saw Pain of Salvation too, touring with Dream Theater (yeah, I lived the special night which DT played the whole Master of Puppets album :D ). And Edguy... well, I saw them live once, but I don't like their gigs, sincerely.

About Mr. Townsend, it could be interesting to see him playing live, and fuck, I haven't seen BG live... yet!. But the way is long, step by step...

|ngenius (wishing to assist to the ProgFest)