ProgPower USA Picture posting

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
scanning in 35 mm. too much a pain in the ass. OK now tell me I'm an ass for that comment. I respect Glenn but I HATE this camera policy. It spits in the face of us long loyal customers.

Patrick

I think there are places where you can bring in your film and have it converted digitally for you.

I think there are places where you can bring in your film and have it converted digitally for you.

Yep, there is. They'll usually supply a CD of all the photos for you to drop onto your computer. Don't even need to get any actual prints.

I just have to add that I saw a LOT of digital cameras around this year anyway. People weren't using them to bootleg the set really but they were definitely there. Nobody I recognized off of the boards either. What's unfortunate is that it's impossible to find a happy medium.

Only solution I can gather would be to hire photographers...which gets exorbitantly expensive pretty fast. Maybe we need 3-4 Photography sponsors? I know concert photographers up here usually cost upwards of $200/hr.

I just have to add that I saw a LOT of digital cameras around this year anyway. People weren't using them to bootleg the set really but they were definitely there. Nobody I recognized off of the boards either. What's unfortunate is that it's impossible to find a happy medium.

Only solution I can gather would be to hire photographers...which gets exorbitantly expensive pretty fast. Maybe we need 3-4 Photography sponsors? I know concert photographers up here usually cost upwards of $200/hr.

Come on, there will be fabulous prints from Esa and the like available soon... I would take a camera to take shots of the friends I hang out with - I'm too short to grad decent pictures of the bands playing. (I learned that last year).

Come on, there will be fabulous prints from Esa and the like available soon... I would take a camera to take shots of the friends I hang out with - I'm too short to grad decent pictures of the bands playing. (I learned that last year).
stilts?

I understand that but it would be nice to have somebody walking around outer areas of the venue grabbing pictures for everyone and also working the signings...and then everything goes online for everyone. It's a nice idea I think but I also understand that it is expensive and unfeasible.

If you would be so kind, please post your pictures to the official ProgPower USA gallery so we can have them archived for everyone to see at any time (as opposed to searching through outdated threads etc.).

You can post here (you're also able to upload zip files containing all your photos): http://www.ultimatemetal.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/1116

Thanks!

Also, if you have never uploaded previous PPUSA pics, you can add them here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/photopost/index.php/cat/2

Sorry about that, Deron. I already posted my Pagan's Mind photos on the Forum. Thanks for letting me know how to do it properly. I'll move them or repost them to the correct place ASAP.

Bill

scanning in 35 mm. too much a pain in the ass. OK now tell me I'm an ass for that comment. I respect Glenn but I HATE this camera policy. It spits in the face of us long loyal customers.

Patrick

???

I'd call myself a helluva loyal customer, six years running, but I gladly left my digicam at home.

Any photo developing store can offer you a photo CD. If they don't, they're a shite photo store, time to look around for better.

Any photo developing store can offer you a photo CD. If they don't, they're a shite photo store, time to look around for better.

Concur. I use Wolf Camera here in Atl. for my film developing needs (underwater disposable cameras rock :)), but any decent place should be able to develop direct to disk. I haven't had physical photos printed out by a film lab in at least 4 years.

I always get my film developed at CVS and buy a CD to go along with the prints, so you never have to scan anything.

Yeah; what was with all the digital cameras this year? Half the time when I would go to get a shot of the band, someone would stick their digital up in the air right in front of me and screw it up! :mad:

The most I saw was when Damian when up with "the girl"... lol..

Ok, in all seriousness, you are right, while bands were playing you could see digital cameras and cell phones up but I don't think they were bootlegging videos because they weren't holding them up for too long.

Finally, I don't think Glenn will be mad at all about this vid on youTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04dTUZPXY7Y

Later this week I'll have a shitload of pics from Pagans and Firewind on my Madman site. Will post an update ASAP!

I don't take my camera to the fest anymore. There are wonderful photos posted on the forum after the fest and I feel I can just enjoy the show without having to worry about it.

As for the digital cameras, many that people have noticed are VIP members/sponsers who are authorized to use them. There were people walking around during the show to check for these things.

I just have to add that I saw a LOT of digital cameras around this year anyway. People weren't using them to bootleg the set really but they were definitely there.
Exactly right. Most of the people I saw with digital cameras (those without VIP badges, I mean) had the good sense to turn off the screen to avoid attracting attention. I still watched them for a bit to make sure they weren't recording video, and in no case did I see any video being recorded.

Bottom line: I'm not going to sic the man on someone for violating the word of the policy while remaining within the spirit.

Kyle

There was one guy who was bootlegging the audio from I believe the Primal Fear set with his smartphone. I believe security was informed and security made the person clear their phone.