ProgPower USA V day 1

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
How do I start its hard to explain this show because its far more than just a mear concert its as Bryant puts its a "Marathon" and it is! ...

I must start off by Saying I have waited to see Savatage for 10 years and they absolutely did NOT disapoint!!!!

First Band of the Night Into Eternity, I was Dying to see these guys, I wanted to reeeeeally Bad but I got lost in the airport in jeresey and got there late and I missed their set :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :tickled: that sucked!

The next band was DreamScape, Now if you like Really Proggy stuff you would like these guys me they almost put me to sleep, They had a great drummer tho!

Next Tad Morose! These guys kicked absolute ASS! They were Very Energetic and worked the crowd very well and whats almost even better after they goty done kicking our asses they came out to the bar and Hung out which is why I missed Kamelot :p But that was ok The Tad Morose boys are very nice dudes I was Very impressed by this band

Next was ofcourse Kamelot (See Above)

Next Was Jon Oliva's Pain which was Jons chance to showcase his solo work he had Matt LaPorte on Guitar and Keven Rothney Both of Circle II Cirlce and I cant remember who on drums and Keyboards and he kicked ass Jon is a Character! it was truely a Treat to see him play :) and I suggest you go and get Jon Oliva's Pain "Tage Mahal" its pretty good!
From here it folds into Savatage! Jon is Playing the Keys and Singing a Medley of tunes as the roadies set up Chris Caffery's equipment and Dr. Killdrums!!!! sets up his Kit bear in mind I'm very tired right now so I cant remember at the moment everything they actually played hahaha But here are some Highlights When They Did Somewhere in Time/Believe Damn near brought a tear to my eye Very Emotional and to be able to sing it along with Jon in the same room Amazing! words really cant describe how that felt! after that they Played alot of oldies Sirens,Dungeons are calling,Jesus Saves! Awsome live song! And it got to a point in the show when Jon Handed the vocal duties to non other than Chris Caffery For the song Edge of Thorns! MAN I am Incredibly Proud of Chris for the Job he did he was simply Awsome! I sang every lyric with him I was just Damn proud of him! Then umm I cant remember hahaha Plenty of stage antics and humor they were Up there having fun They also Played Power of the night With Chris on Vocals Again Another Excellent Job here! he nailed it and then they Played HYDE from the "Fight for the Rock" Album! What a treat!! they also ofcourse Played Gutter Ballet and When the Crowd is gone and Yet again I must Praise Mr Caffery! He pulled off Criss Oliva's leads Very Well not perfect mind you nobody but Criss could ... But! if anybody could come close its Caffery ... umm I cant remember the rest of the songs they played hahah But feel free to ask me if they played this song or that song and I will be able to remember that way :) Doc Wacholz ... How do I put this KICKEDTOTALMOTHERFUCKINASS man He was amazing! I cant even begin to describe it ... all I can say is he is a Very Powerful Drummer! and Jon man he has gotten big over the years hahaha but its ok he still moved around and worked the crowd ...what a character hahahaha its hard to describe you kinda had to be there hahaha it was a very Special night! ... and thats just night 1 .... afterwards hahaha Parrrrrrrrty all night hahaha

I also Hooked up with Bryant and Stayed with Him and his wife they both are VERY COOL! :) Bryant is a Character :loco: hehehe but I'm not going to delve to deep somethings just stay with progpower hahaha and I also met Pabla and she is very cool too ...HEY it was great to meet you 2!!!!! in person that is hahaha anyways I am Getting fucking sick of typing I will give you my report on the second night tommorow :wave:

I wonder what happened to Damon. He was filling in as lead vocals when I saw Savatage with Fates Warning. He had an awesome stage presence and combined with Jon and Chris' vocals, they were able to pull off their medley vocals (like on Morphne Child) perfectly.

I would have loved to see Tad Morose and Kamelot as well. I'd like to hear some of their new stuff and wonder if they played any of it.

Psychonaut said:
I wonder what happened to Damon. He was filling in as lead vocals when I saw Savatage with Fates Warning. He had an awesome stage presence and combined with Jon and Chris' vocals, they were able to pull off their medley vocals (like on Morphne Child) perfectly.

I would have loved to see Tad Morose and Kamelot as well. I'd like to hear some of their new stuff and wonder if they played any of it.
ya see it wasnt ACTUALLY Savatage it was Weapons of Mass Destruction .... it wasnt to showcase new Sava band members but old Ones Unfortunetly with Zakks accident the only former member we were abld to see was Doc which was cool! ... What I wonder about is Why Johnny Lee wasnt there I found it odd he wouldnt be there since he has been in the band since Figtht for the Rock .... Tad Morose was Great but from what I was told Kamelot didnt have their best night Vocal/Mic Problems plauged the singer for their whole set .... Damon is still officially a member of the actual Savatage and we can Expect an album eventually hahahaha as soon as Paul and Jon get off their asses and write it

God I envy you right now!! Damn I would like to have been there to see Jon Oliva do that set. Did they play some songs from Dr. Butcher?

Pabla said:
JD!!!!!!!! :D it was just 'kin amazing wasn't it?! :headbang:
PABLA! It Truely fucking was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang: it was excellent meeting you! I meant to give you a Hug and say goodbye and all that Saturday because I knew I was passin out No after party for me hahahaha I hope to see you there next year :)

JonnyD said:
PABLA! It Truely fucking was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang: it was excellent meeting you! I meant to give you a Hug and say goodbye and all that Saturday because I knew I was passin out No after party for me hahahaha I hope to see you there next year :)

Didn't Tad Morose and Brainstorm just KICK ASS!!!!!!!!? :worship: I know, I didn't see much of you Saturday night ya party pooper :loco: and OF COURSE I will be there next year, hopefully we can hang out some more!!! You were just VERY nice in person my fellow Blaze fanatic :D

Pabla said:
Didn't Tad Morose and Brainstorm just KICK ASS!!!!!!!!? :worship: I know, I didn't see much of you Saturday night ya party pooper :loco: and OF COURSE I will be there next year, hopefully we can hang out some more!!! You were just VERY nice in person my fellow Blaze fanatic :D

Tad Morose and BrainStorm Tore the roof off the place! ... hahahaa Saturday night I headed straight for the hotel room and fell asleep I had to catch my flight in the morning tho Next year I am coming a day early and staying a day later and I plan on Bringing some Pot with me so I can get all fucked up too hahaha I was sober all weekend and it kinda Blowed :loco: We will hang more next year for sure!!! .... You were very nice to Pabla I knew you would be :) .... Blaze World Domination! its coming Are you ready!!!! :loco:

JonnyD said:
Tad Morose and BrainStorm Tore the roof off the place! ... hahahaa Saturday night I headed straight for the hotel room and fell asleep I had to catch my flight in the morning tho Next year I am coming a day early and staying a day later and I plan on Bringing some Pot with me so I can get all fucked up too hahaha I was sober all weekend and it kinda Blowed :loco: We will hang more next year for sure!!! .... You were very nice to Pabla I knew you would be :) .... Blaze World Domination! its coming Are you ready!!!! :loco:

Energy wise, there have never been two bands at the same PP like TM and BS. I felt bad for the bands having to play after them. How can you top that shit ? If TM and BS would have been back to back, I would have just had to leave after that. Even most of the proggers were into those guys. Only Angel Dust had that kind of energy that I have seen at a PP.

Bryant