ProgPower USA V Day 2

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
Well Day 2 started off with a trip to Subways and a lil Cajun place and then to the Venue The first thing I did was aquire 90% of my cd haul :D then it was on to more bands

First up for the for night was Adagio I didnt know any of their Material but they were pretty good and did a Wicked cover of Led Zeps Immagrint song(Spellin)

Next was Wuthering Heights now I didnt expect much from em not knowing any of their songs BUT then I saw then and the totally kicked my ass they Have a Proggy Folk sound that drifts into Fast Power metal without being cheesy I was VERY imprseed by this band and bought their cd as soon as they were done playing!

Now onto BrainStorm another Band I hadnt really hadnt heard ... They kicked ASS! I was very impressed by these guys They put on a hell of a show and were mesmerised and completely floored by the crowd response they got, they were Appreceative of the crowd and even took pictures Very cool band and a Very good night for them!

Next Pain of Salvation Dont know if they were good or not I had a hamburger and hung out with people during their set :loco:

Now for the Headliners Edguy ... was their some vocal/mic probs yes did toby forget a few lyrics hahaha yes but they Kicked ass! and put on an entertaining show they Had Rob Rock,and Timo Kotipelto come out and do a song each and Toby's Crowd particapation was great .... funny as hell is a better way of putting it the was one point whe he was having fun with the word Fuck and somebody in the crowd said Fuck Who and Toby points at him and say "Fuck! Yes but not You" it was funny and coo and Ass kicking all at the same time and they were well worth the wait the drummer did a excellent Drum solo so of which was to the Tune of Star Wars Namely the Evil Death star type parts :) Very cool night all together and I must say each and every one of you need to go to ProgPower it has to be experienced to Believe :):headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

JonnyD said:
Well Day 2 started off with a trip to Subways and a lil Cajun place and then to the Venue The first thing I did was aquire 90% of my cd haul :D then it was on to more bands

First up for the for night was Adagio I didnt know any of their Material but they were pretty good and did a Wicked cover of Led Zeps Immagrint song(Spellin)

I love this band. Their singer left them just 3 weeks ago! I heard the new singer had a hard time doing the vocal lines. I would love to see those guys live! :headbang:

JonnyD said:
Next was Wuthering Heights now I didnt expect much from em not knowing any of their songs BUT then I saw then and the totally kicked my ass they Have a Proggy Folk sound that drifts into Fast Power metal without being cheesy I was VERY imprseed by this band and bought their cd as soon as they were done playing!
I have their albums 2 of them. I like them but I am not crazy about them. Do you like the album as much a the gig? I am curious because I suspect that they are much better live then on their albums.

JonnyD said:
Now onto BrainStorm another Band I hadnt really hadnt heard ... They kicked ASS! I was very impressed by these guys They put on a hell of a show and were mesmerised and completely floored by the crowd response they got, they were Appreceative of the crowd and even took pictures Very cool band and a Very good night for them!
A bit to Euro-powermetal for mee but I am glad you liked them.

JonnyD said:
Next Pain of Salvation Dont know if they were good or not I had a hamburger and hung out with people during their set :loco:
Very good thinking on your side Jonny. Sometimes I think that POS stands for Piece Of Shit! I can't stand this band! I heard they performed really bad. That gave me a good feeling :)

JonnyD said:
Now for the Headliners Edguy ... was their some vocal/mic probs yes did toby forget a few lyrics hahaha yes but they Kicked ass! and put on an entertaining show they Had Rob Rock,and Timo Kotipelto come out and do a song each and Toby's Crowd particapation was great .... funny as hell is a better way of putting it the was one point whe he was having fun with the word Fuck and somebody in the crowd said Fuck Who and Toby points at him and say "Fuck! Yes but not You" it was funny and coo and Ass kicking all at the same time and they were well worth the wait the drummer did a excellent Drum solo so of which was to the Tune of Star Wars Namely the Evil Death star type parts :) Very cool night all together and I must say each and every one of you need to go to ProgPower it has to be experienced to Believe :):headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
I might show up next year if alone to meet you and Byant! I hope carnut can travel along as well. That would be a fucking BLAST!

Thanks for the review bro'! YOU RULE!

Hawk said:
I might show up next year if alone to meet you and Byant! I hope carnut can travel along as well. That would be a fucking BLAST!

We'll talk about that later, but keep it in mind for sure... If the bands playing are as good as this year I think it's worth the trip. Maybe organise a little OS meeting there for the first time? :headbang:

Hawk said:
I love this band. Their singer left them just 3 weeks ago! I heard the new singer had a hard time doing the vocal lines. I would love to see those guys live!
headbob.gif

Thats what I had heard ... He did very well from what I could tell they crowd seemed to really dig em

I have their albums 2 of them. I like them but I am not crazy about them. Do you like the album as much a the gig? I am curious because I suspect that they are much better live then on their albums.

I will admit the cd took a couple of listens for me to really get into it I now love it! But it was there Stage show/Presence that got me! :)

A bit to Euro-powermetal for mee but I am glad you liked them.

They Really did Kick serious ass! They are much better live than on cd they put on one of the TOP performances of the weekend! :)

Very good thinking on your side Jonny. Sometimes I think that POS stands for Piece Of Shit! I can't stand this band! I heard they performed really bad. That gave me a good feeling :)

I downloaded 2 songs prior to the show and knew they were crap so I had absolutely No interest in seeing them .... but ya never know maybe if I had seen them play Maybe I would have liked them but I dought it hahaha Urban Breed was Hanging out with me and Bryant at the time and he was like Well I have never heard them and they are from Sweden and I am from sweden so I really should check them out and he left only to return about 10 mins later ...hahaha I dont think he was impressed
loco.gif

Dude that would be SERIOUSLY cool! I hope you or even the both of you could work that out! PPUSA is more than Just a concert its a Heavy Metal Convention!

Thanks for the review bro'! YOU RULE!

Your Welcome my friend! Tho I wrote it more as a report than a review :)

carnut said:
We'll talk about that later, but keep it in mind for sure... If the bands playing are as good as this year I think it's worth the trip. Maybe organise a little OS meeting there for the first time? :headbang:
Hell yeah Carny that was my Thoughts! Bryant had a Good Idea there when he originally suggested it!

Yea we have been talking about this before and the PP festival is the perfect occasion! Lets see who wants to come along. Although it can get too crowded too. :)

Hawk said:
Yea we have been talking about this before and the PP festival is the perfect occasion! Lets see who wants to come along. Although it can get too crowded too. :)
it really is the perfect and if we all get rooms at the fairfield we can Hangout/Party alllll Night with each other and the bands! its truely a Magical Experience!

JonnyD said:
There always next year Dee if ya want you could get a room with me ... I promise to be a Perfect Gentalman! :wave:

Thanks JD! Money isn't the problem. It's the transportation. I can't fly! I have been to Florida in a car and NEVER again :lol: What a nightmare! But thanks for your kind offer :)

JonnyD said:
it really is the perfect and if we all get rooms at the fairfield we can Hangout/Party alllll Night with each other and the bands! its truely a Magical Experience!
That would be great but do your promise to send my corpse home after the festival? :tickled:

JonnyD said:
hahaha Well I payed good money for it :loco:

Hahaha. But I'm sure it was worth every cent!! :headbang:

Bryant said:
I did as well. I had my ass kicked though !!

I'd say you would have Bryant!!
You're a HUGE Tad Morose fan aren't you?

You got me into 'em. Now they're one of my favourites!!! :headbang: