ProgPower USA VIII: First Band confirmed

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
For those that haven't been following the "Lightning strikes twice" thread, I will recap things here. I received an advance copy of an album that is currently being shopped around to the labels. It has simply kicked my ass like nothing has in a long while. In fact, I confirmed the band within 48 hrs of hearing the disc. The only time I have done that in the past is with Circus Maximus. I think it's that damn good. In fact, I believe in the band so much that I want to help them get a record deal based on the good buzz I believe it will generate. That's why I'm going out on a limb now and releasing their name early. For those wondering, I do not even have the date of the festival confirmed or anything else for that matter. Hell, we haven't even started working on a website design for next year yet.

That said, will everyone like this? No. Will everyone agree with me and think this is a monster release? No. Will a few hate it? Yes. Music is a subjective experience and not everyone is going to think the same way. However, I would ask that you listen to all of the songs completely before making a quick judgement. I have posted a single tune that is rather represenative of the entire disc and two other tunes that showcase the various styles/influences on the disc.

Raintime from Italy is confirmed as an opener.

Raintime released their debut, "Tales from Sadness," disc on Arise Records and that label folded shortly there after. Their first disc is out of print. I will admit that I liked the disc, but didn't fall in love with it. I think the new one has taken them to a different level.

I have three audio tracks posted in the audio section. The first is a complete tune that represents the disc quite well. The second clip is geared towards the melodic lovers while the final one is for those that prefer aggression with their music.

Before you comment, please listen to all three tunes to get an idea of their sound. This is going to be a curveball to a few of you that were expecting Circus Maximus Part II.

cheers,

Glenn

P.S. Don't expect any other confirmations before next year.

Holy shit!

I've been listening to the few songs available on their website for quite a while; over a year, in fact. Missed the boat when The End had their album for a brief period around Christmas last year - been regretting not pouncing on it. Moot Lie is one of my favorite songs of all time. Looking at a post I made on another board, I discovered them through a post on this forum. Who would have thunk it...

This is AWESOME!!!!

On behalf of RAINTIME and INTROMENTAL MANAGEMENT I'd like to thank Glenn for bringing the band over.

When I sent Glenn the new Raintime disc 2 weeks ago I kinda thought he would like it (duuh!), but wasn't sure exactly how much - well, since the day he got it he's been flooding my mailbox with emails daily stating hos much he loves it, hehe :)

ProgPower 2007 is gonna be the first trip for the Raintime band to USA, and I can guarentee you that they are just thrilled about it ... and so am I for getting another chance to come back and visit this great festival. We're all very much looking forward to the show !!!!

Claus

Claus / Intromental said:
On behalf of RAINTIME and INTROMENTAL MANAGEMENT I'd like to thank Glenn for bringing the band over.

When I sent Glenn the new Raintime disc 2 weeks ago I kinda thought he would like it (duuh!), but wasn't sure exactly how much - well, since the day he got it he's been flooding my mailbox with emails daily stating hos much he loves it, hehe :)

ProgPower 2007 is gonna be the first trip for the Raintime band to USA, and I can guarentee you that they are just thrilled about it ... and so am I for getting another chance to come back and visit this great festival. We're all very much looking forward to the show !!!!

Claus
Claus,can you point me in a direction to get their CD
Its love at first listen here(and within like 3 minutes of the full song)

Chris Rifkin(HalcyonF5 and Stu said:
Claus,can you point me in a direction to get their CD
Its love at first listen here(and within like 3 minutes of the full song)

Hey Chris,

the album isn't out yet - we're currently shopping it towards record labels worldwide. We're hoping to have deals locked down soon, and be able to have the album released in the spring 2007.

C u again next year :)
Claus

Claus / Intromental said:
Hey Chris,

the album isn't out yet - we're currently shopping it towards record labels worldwide. We're hoping to have deals locked down soon, and be able to have the album released in the spring 2007.

C u again next year :)
Claus
what about their first CD?
I'll be there of course

WOOOHOOOOOO Raintime AWESOME, i have their first Disc and it is a great disc, but from what i have heard the second one is a killer. Excellent Choice Glenn.

interesting... I had heard of them, but had never heard their music before. Sounds like Mercenary meets Children of Bodom.