ProgPower USA X Picture Thread

Finally got my photos developed. I can use barely any of them. Even the pictures I got with musicians aren't very good. Ugh. I guess it's time to put my little point and shoot to rest. I guess I'll have to deal with it and bring my N80 next year. I mean if you professional photographers can lug around your ginormous digicams + lenses, I should be able to handle my N80 film camera for a weekend.

My mindflow preview

3944648069_8dcd1bfcc0.jpg

I do like my B&W's, especially when it can save an otherwise uninteresting/unusable photo that I kind of like. I don't like to do it often, but occasionally it is nice to see something different from myself. :D

Will do. I can't believe I didn't have you as a contact. I just added you, and am currently working on my mindflow set. :D ... I won't be posting them all at once hehe.

Just back from Japan, and loving the pics. Thanks for posting!

I took a lot of more random photos during the two main days, so prepare yourselves for ICE BAT GOES TO PP X some time next week or so when I get a look at the band pictures...

dt

So this year wasn't the best for photographs for me. I didn't make all the sets, I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do for the ones I did make, and the quality of my work just seems off this year. Still, there's at least a few nice ones.

The full gallery is at http://gallery.lupine.org/main.php?g2_itemId=46655. Here's a couple of samples:

IMG_6171_f.jpg

... and ...

IMG_6639_f.jpg

... and ...

IMG_6033_f.jpg

Check out my gallery link above for the rest. See y'all next year!

-j

I "rescued" the actual physical poster from the venue at the end of the night on Saturday and I gave it to Anne-Marie's bro, so she should have it. In any event, I think she can made the final printfile available to people digitally.....the actual printing would be up to you.
--And wouldn't be cheap, from what she said. :)

Best Forum poster so far, too! :kickass:

For those with a Costco membership, their photo printing (esp. for large prints) is VERY reasonable:

4x6 - 0.13ea
5x7 - 0.39ea
8x10 - 1.49ea
8x12 - 1.49ea
11x14 - 2.99ea
12x18 - 2.99ea
8x8 - 1.49ea
12x12 - 2.99ea
wallets(4) - 0.39ea
16x20 - 5.99ea
20x30 - 8.99ea

Just for grins, I threw two pics in my online cart (one 16x20 and one 20x30), and the shipping came to $5.78. If you want to save the $5.78, pick 'em up in your local store (if available...for some reason, that option isn't available for all stores).

A steal, IMHO. And it's "photo paper," not "poster paper," BTW...ie, worthy of framing, at least to these untrained eyes. I have a 20x30 print (from Costco) of a picture I took at the Grand Tetons framed and hanging in the foyer of my house.

Craig

Ha! Scanning this topic quickly, I thought he had caught a tennis ball for a sec. Then I remembered the pants. Maybe this will be a cue to band members to wear neutral colored undies just in case. :lol:

The poster's original size was 24"x36", 300 dpi. Kinko's charges $50 for that on heavy glossy paper. Of course, it can be printed smaller. If anyone wants a copy, just PM me with your email addy and I'll send it to you any size you want.