ProgPower USA XI Picture Thread

Esa has a couple of photos that I'm in (albeit undistinguishable). Is it OK if I 'borrow' them? I see they have your watermark in them, so your credit would be preserved.

I love some of these band shots. They are awesome. The lighting and the action make them fabulous pictures.

I've been looking for some hi-res versions of these to add to my screensaver of hi-res pics (mostly airplanes, cars and cool scenery), but can't find any. Would any of you guys be willing to post any really hi-res samples (at least 1920x1200 in my case) including water marks?

Nights of Arabia - Elize Ryd
1008820324_AQuaz-320x320.jpg
1008820438_W9zrH-320x320.jpg
1008820526_55UQo-320x320.jpg
1008820600_gtDeQ-320x320.jpg
1008820701_DJg4w-320x320.jpg
1008820808_CggKP-320x320.jpg
1008820940_Ntark-320x320.jpg
1008821023_tbFbs-320x213.jpg
1008821263_wHQUg-320x213.jpg

My little Sony Cybershot tried hard to get pix...they're ...eh...

My strangest picture
113.jpg

Tsup King at Work
171.jpg

Little Brother
174.jpg

I know this is a dumb question, but by any slight itty bitty chance did anyone get a pic when Zac stuck his tongue out? :p

Esa and Allen - Glenn and I agree- your photos are amazing and both of you have all of our respect! Long shooting hours, smoke, hot lighting, sorting & editing, etc. The list could go on and on! I don't think many realize all of your behind the scenes work. Your passion for concert photography is apparent in your work. Thank you for all that you do - without y'all, it would certainly be more difficult to recall all of our fantastic memories of ProgPower!!

Also, I was wondering if any one out there happened to get a candid shot of Liv Kristine's adorable son? I smiled ear to ear when I saw him sitting atop his nanny's shoulders on the floor throwing the horns to his Mom on stage. :tickled:

~Jen

[DRAGONLAND]Olof;9373999 said:
Hey, nice shots! I am sure Elize would love to have them in higher resolution, if you don't mind posting them :)

Here. Sorry, no supersized ones (but she can contact me directly for those.)

Esa and Allen - Glenn and I agree- your photos are amazing and both of you have all of our respect! Long shooting hours, smoke, hot lighting, sorting & editing, etc. The list could go on and on! I don't think many realize all of your behind the scenes work. Your passion for concert photography is apparent in your work. Thank you for all that you do - without y'all, it would certainly be more difficult to recall all of our fantastic memories of ProgPower!!

As a concert photographer myself, I concur with these statements. I don't know about these two, but shooting the show is always an absolute blast of adrenaline, whether you have 2 songs or the whole set. You're always on edge and trying to anticipate a moment; you have to know what the band is going to do before they do. It's crazy, but it's awesome.

On the other hand, 6 hours of sorting through 100's of shots for your 6-10 best and then perfecting those... that is where the effort of love of doing it comes in. That shit takes forever.

Hats off to you guys, from everything I heard, I would've been struggling this year and doubt I'd even come close to my stuff last year. You guys rocked it pretty hard.

Even the pros had problems with the lights! So many of my pictures turned out crappy with the bad lighting. :ill::lol:

Thanks Dave. I don't mind shots like this with the atmospheric lighting. All part of it. Each show and set is different which is a tremendous part of the challenge and continued development of the craft. On the blog, I end each post with some shooting notes for those interested.

Jen - Thanks for the kudos, you guys are the best.

-A

I agree 10000% with this. Both Esa and Allen have my utmost respect. I really try to steer clear of them while down in the pit. They're the experts. They do this for a living. They have the proper equipment and the knowledge to use it. I'm just an amateur that can never comprare to what these guys can accomplish.

Also, I was wondering if any one out there happened to get a candid shot of Liv Kristine's adorable son? I smiled ear to ear when I saw him sitting atop his nanny's shoulders on the floor throwing the horns to his Mom on stage. :tickled:

So that's who that was?? I saw him, but had no idea he was Liv's son! Way cool! :D

That is an awesome shot!

I could not believe he did that! You see, everybody was asking all weekend where my red devil light up horns where...just did not bring them this year.
HOWEVER, on Thursday, I had some bananas and joking around took 2 and made them look like horns around my head...then lo and behold Marco does the same onstage Saturday... me and my friends were hysterical!

uploaded the pics this morning but 458 was a lot, so they were still working when I left for work, will post the picture tonight. THAT WAS :lol: when Marco did that!!!