ProgPower USA XII Roster Discussion

Thanks. One of my friends texted me the date. ;)

I'm sure someone will post the dates after the gold badge holders have their chance this weekend to make reservations at the Artmore first. :)

~Jen

Wooot my brothers in Mob Rules finally get to play PPUSA!!! awesome!!! Sanctuary!!! I am freaking stoked... Labyrinth!!!!Awesome, those are really the only bands I like from that lineup. I dont know a few so I will have to do some research but I will be there next year for sure...Hate missing this year...

Bear

That's a pretty kickass lineup, barring any unforeseen alterations. Huge fan of Arcturus, WHW, Sanctuary (well Into the Mirror Black really), and THERI-FUCKING-ON.

Now, who/what is Red Circuit?

It's a band featuring a member of Vanden Plas (I think the keyboardist) and fronted by Chitty Sompala. It sounds like a cross of Firewind and Vanden Plas to my ears.

WHW - ProgPower is venturing into the doom territory, eh? Nice!

Then again, WHW throws a lot of prog into their music, so maybe this is more so a prog than a doom pick. Yes?

Red Circuit sounded killer. Also, Sanctuary should be really interesting because I read that Warrel is actually taking vocal lessons so he can do the super high stuff again. Don't remember where I read the interview but he pretty much said it was specifically for doing the Sanctuary reunion.

Didn't Glenn say Therion would never play the States again? :D Jesus Christ, what a swerve. :worship: Goddamn, what a lineup! :kickass: I am in tears looking at the finest lineup in PPUSA history. I once said I needed a compelling reason to come down to Atlanta for PPUSA. PP VII was one. This lineup is another. :worship:

Wow, worst line-up I have ever seen for PPUSA. I have been a long-time fan (since II). But 2011 will be hard to justify. Not a single band of interest.

I had hoped for at least one of the following bands: Shadow Gallery, Masterplan, Darkwater, or When The Empire Falls. :(

Arcturus and Therion look like they're going to be FUN to see. There's also a few bands in there that have the potential to become new favorites for me. Excited for sure.

It's a band featuring a member of Vanden Plas (I think the keyboardist) and fronted by Chitty Sompala. It sounds like a cross of Firewind and Vanden Plas to my ears.

Markus Teske, the keyboardist is a sound engineer for Vanden Plas. He helps them with their production, but is not a member of VP. Yes Chitral "Chity Lanka" Somapala is the singer. He is a great vocalist, formerly fronting Avalon and Firewind.

Bryant

Great line up. I'm a bit surprised there's as much negativity as there is, especially given the crowd's overwhelmingly positive reaction to the announcement That said, I appreciate that we all have different tastes. Very much looking forward to next year.

I'm a bit surprised there's as much negativity as there is
Me too. I think Glenn really hit a home run with the next lineup in terms of diversity, popularity, and demand. Or so I thought. I figured this forum would be filled with people freaking out about finally getting Mob Rules and Labyrinth.

Maybe my opinion is skewed because I actually know most of the bands and like them. I'm excited for ARCTURUS!, Eldritch, Red Circuit, Voyager, Mob Rules, Sanctuary, Dream Evil, Labyrinth, and Therion. When Heaven Wept and Haken sounded incredible! It's going to be a great year!