ProgPower XIII: The band who will steal the show...

However, the band I think will kick major ass and steal the show (as much as any one band can steal this show) is Mystic Prophecy. They're brand of aggressive Power Metal, with a fantastic vocalist, strong guitar play, a deep catalog and anthemic hooks, exhibits all the characteristics common to the bands who slay at ProgPower. If they're tight and bring a good energy level to the stage, I believe they'll be this year's Angel Dust/Brainstorm/Tad Morose/Edguy/Sabaton.

Yeap I agree 100%! :kickass::headbang:

However, the band I think will kick major ass and steal the show (as much as any one band can steal this show) is Mystic Prophecy. They're brand of aggressive Power Metal, with a fantastic vocalist, strong guitar play, a deep catalog and anthemic hooks, exhibits all the characteristics common to the bands who slay at ProgPower.

Who's your pick?

I actually agree with your reasoning, but the band you are describing in my ears is Sinbreed. I see them along the lines of Angel Dust/Tad Morose. They seem to be sort of a blend of standard Euro powermetal and dark powermetal.

Bryant

I actually agree with your reasoning, but the band you are describing in my ears is Sinbreed. I see them along the lines of Angel Dust/Tad Morose. They seem to be sort of a blend of standard Euro powermetal and dark powermetal.
I'm very much looking forward to Sinbreed and believe they will be a lot of fun live, for many of the same reasons. However, I think Mystic Prophecy has a few advantages.

The first, catalog. MP has half a dozen discs from which to draw material, Sinbreed has only their debut. Second, much of Sinbreed's music is performed at a blistering pace. I think the widely varied tempos MP uses will work better. Third, MP's roster spot puts them at a distinct advantage. Being first on Friday seems like a good spot, but people are still settling in. They're having their first drink of the night, or may be they're waiting until a bit later. Essentially, the crowd isn't warmed up yet. Think about it, what Friday night opener has ever stolen the show? Finally, familiarity. MP is in a 4th slot because people know who they are, they're more familiar with their music. Having a crowd who's familiar with your music always creates an advantage.

There are so many I am looking forward to for different reasons, Beyond the Bridge, Mystic Prophecy, Sinbreed... Even Mayan and I'm not a huge fan, I just see some awesome performances happening there!