Progressive(?) Metal?

pepper666

Mar 1, 2009
I want to find some recent quality releases in this genre... I have heard a bit of what I think is prog metal...

Dream Theater - Greatest Hit (And...) compilation and I love this one, gonna grab their new album on pay day this week.

Opeth - "Blackwater Park" & "Ghost Reveries", I"m thinking of grabbing the "Candlelight Years" box set cheap second hand...

Kalisia - "Cybion" I"m not sure if this is strictly progressive death metal or what not but it's listed as such at Metal-archives...

I enjoy all of them although Ghost Reveries has a certain tackiness about it that doesn't grab me, like it's a little bit too well produced...

So yeah any other reccomendations, prefer post 2000 or even in the last 3 years releases...

Thank you :kickass::headbang::OMG::worship:

Will grab Zero Hour on pay day...

i have the chance to get Vintersorg - "Visions From The Spiral Generator" second hand or else I could just grab "Solens Rötter" on pay day as well... which one would you reccomend? or should I just grab both?

I do recommend both; Solens Rötter has a more folk-influenced sound. Maybe listen to Visions, and then if you like it check out Solens Rötter.

Pirania - Between Dream and Nightmare
Introspection
Myrath - Hope
Symphony X - The Damnation Game
Adagio - Archangels In Black
Vision Divine - The Perfect Machine
Jordan Rudess - Rhythm of Time (if you consider it metal)
Dream Theater - Train of Thought

Liquid Tension Experiment - S/T
Control Denied - The Fragile Art of Existence
Into Eternity - Buried in Oblivion
QUEENSRYCHE - THE WARNING
Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe

Everything I've heard from him so far has been complete and utter shit

Ocean Machine is fucking brilliant as are AE and Terria.
His other stuff has its moments but these are the best three.

Last edited by a moderator: