QUEENSRŸCHE: Dedicated to Chaos

It isn't Queensryche - but I kind of like that song. Good atmosphere, nice layering of different elements...kind of sounds like it could be on a Paatos disc.

I know it's scary to say but yes. Yes, they or at least Tate does. I can't believe they're doing this buy the album and then watch the video thing. That's one of the most ass-backwards things I've ever heard of.

They (Tate) take themselves TOO seriously, that's part of the problem. Instead of taking the attitude of "we're a band who makes music", he seems to put himself/the band into more of a "we're social commentary performance artists reflecting the world around us and pointing out how mainstream and currnet we are...did I mention the internet??"...

Sheesh...Tate has officially disappeared up his own ass.

Everything the band did up to and including Promised Land is, IMO, pure gold...even parts of HitNF are good...but since then they've been on a steady swirling trip around the bowl...

Everyone needs to lay off Queensryche. They aren't THAT BAD....okay I'm going to hell for saying that:(
The problem is they were THAT GOOD and it's painful to see them keep sliding. I'd rather hear music at this level from a band with potential that may improve than from a band whose potential is apparently used up.

As for the buy-the album-to-view-the-video thing, That is so retarded I can't even imagine how anyone thought that up. I'll watch it if it's hacked...once.

I'm one of those rare people that actually liked Q2K and defended them for a while, but this is.... They should at least get themselves a new name if they're going to do that. Don't sully our memory!

I'm no Queensryche defender by any means, but I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea. Just try to imagine a band that's actually good - say Symphony X or Pagan's Mind - doing something similar. An exclusive video as a bonus for people who bought an album is a neat idea. We buy limited edition versions of albums for exclusive tracks, so why not this?

Now that I think about it, didn't Opeth do something similar with their last album, where you could access an exclusive website when the CD was in your computer?

Did anyone read this Michael Wilton interview: http://guitarinternational.com/2011/06/15/michael-wilton-interview-dedicated-to-chaos/

Man..he pretty much throws the rest of the band under the bus without actually saying it. Awesome.

Excerpt:

Robert: When you say “departure”, I thought your last album, American Solider, was a real departure. What can we expected for this one?

Michael Wilton: Definitely more alternative but I’m more of a metal guy.

Robert: Are there any tracks that are your favorites?

Michael Wilton: There’s a song called “Lies” which has a really nice groove to it. The song “Drive” is about driving a car. Those two right now are my personal favorites.

Robert: Does everybody contribute to the songwriting process?

Michael Wilton: No. I just lent my talents to the recording. Everything was done with Yousendit.com. I worked in my studio, which is Watershed Studio, and basically tracked all my guitar parts there. We all have ProTool mix so when I was done with them. I would ZIP the songs, YouSendIt, and boom the guys get it.

Robert: Are all the songs pre-developed?

Michael Wilton: Yeah. The ideas were pre-developed. It was just for me to add my flavor to them.

Robert: As you mentioned earlier, the roots of your style is always in the hard rock, heavy metal. Do you think that Queensryche will eventually put another hard rock album out?

Michael Wilton: It’s hard to say. I don’t know what four members are thinking. My solo projects definitely have that.

I like this excerpt especially talking about the "Cabaret" tour

Robert: What was the thinking behind doing Cabaret? Looking back, it doesn’t seem very metal-esque. I know that you’ve always changing up your style, but I think a lot of your core fans were surprised to see that. Could you shed some light on it?

Michael Wilton: Yeah. I have to say it wasn’t any of my brainstorming or anything. This was more the others. It was a challenge and a risk, to bring that kind of a stage show to a hard rock, metal performance. It was no easy task. Having dancers, gymnasts and everything galore. It was the best it could be for what it was. We didn’t have billions of dollars behind us to market it and promote it or to be like Las Vegas style or anything. It’s a chapter in post-Queensryche and it is what it is.

Wow--yeah that interview with Wilton sounds like a guy hanging on by a thread. This has got to be sickening to him...there must be some contractual/money stuff keeping him hanging on...for now....

That's an awesome interview. It makes you wonder though why the guy is even in the band anymore. It's sort of sickening how they do their recording with yousendit.com. I understand it for bands that are VERY far apart geographically but yeah, it seems like a band going through the motions that are dictated by Tate.

It isn't Queensryche - but I kind of like that song. Good atmosphere, nice layering of different elements...kind of sounds like it could be on a Paatos disc.

I actually agree with this. After listening to that song, it actually reminded me of something I would expect to hear on an album put out by The Cars. Maybe time to break out my old vinyl copy of Heartbeat City!

Really, if this the kind of thing they want to do, then as far as I am concerned, they are indeed no longer "Queensryche" as I've known and loved.

I actually agree with this. After listening to that song, it actually reminded me of something I would expect to hear on an album put out by The Cars. Maybe time to break out my old vinyl copy of Heartbeat City!

Really, if this the kind of thing they want to do, then as far as I am concerned, they are indeed no longer "Queensryche" as I've known and loved.

Ha..I'm actually going to I Tunes and getting that song....great song to have on for a date with a cutie.....

that should tell you something,that the best song on this disk is basicly a smooth jazz/pure moods song and the furthest thing from metal(I admittedly listen to as much non metal as metal and have for many years)

"Dedicated To Chaos", the new album from Seattle progressive rockers QUEENSRŸCHE, sold 8,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 70 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"Dedicated To Chaos", the new album from Seattle progressive rockers QUEENSRŸCHE, sold 8,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 70 on The Billboard 200 chart.

How does that compare to their other recent stuff?

First week sales
"Q2K", 28,000.
"Tribe", 20,000
"Operation: Mindcrime II" 44,000 copies
"American Soldier", 21,000

I could swear to God Tenth Dreamer Deceiver had said they would sell at least 20k in the first week. I wonder where he's hiding... :lol: