QUEENSRŸCHE: Dedicated to Chaos

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
It's been awhile since we had a dedicated QR thread. Let the bashing commence...

via www.melodicrock.com :

"New York, NY: Queensrÿche announced today that their new album will be called Dedicated to Chaos and it will be released this summer. It's the band's first effort for its new label, Roadrunner Records/Loud & Proud. The band – featuring Geoff Tate, Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren -- is currently planning a tour in support of the new opus, which was recorded in its native Seattle. Tour dates and information will be released when available.

“Modern life moves fast,” commented frontman Geoff Tate about the album. “Plug into the rhythm of the now with our 12th studio album, Dedicated to Chaos. It's a clash and slash of musical experimentation anchored by the pulse of digital code.” He did issue one suggestion to listeners as well, saying: “Enjoy – headphones are a must.”

Queensrÿche's 1988-issued album Operation: Mindcrime is universally respected as a classic concept release about rock, revenge and redemption, which is ultimately regarded as one of the most important and essential hard rock records in the genre's expansive canon. 1990's follow-up, Empire, yielded a #1 single, the Grammy-nominated ballad “Silent Lucidity,” which the band performed at the 1992 Grammy Awards accompanied by a supporting orchestra.

In 2006, the band released Operation: Mindcrime II, a scorching sequel to their original. The band then hit the road performing both albums Operation: Mindcrime and Operation: Mindcrime II back-to-back in their entirety in an incredible theatrical presentation throughout the year. The final performance was recorded at The Moore Theatre in Seattle that October and the Mindcrime at the Moore double CD/DVD release debuted at #1 on Billboard's Top Music DVD Chart and eventually reached Gold status.

The band is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year and Dedicated to Chaos marks a new and riveting chapter in Queensrÿche's already impressive history that fans will not want to miss. And the chaos has just begun.

Visit: www.queensryche.com for more information."

At this point .... does anyone really care what Queensryche is doing? It's fun to rip them every time they trot out another piece of crap, but on the other hand it's pretty sad as well.

Britt

“Modern life moves fast,” commented frontman Geoff Tate about the album. “Plug into the rhythm of the now with our 12th studio album, Dedicated to Chaos. It's a clash and slash of musical experimentation anchored by the pulse of digital code.” He did issue one suggestion to listeners as well, saying: “Enjoy – headphones are a must.”

This statement alone make me want to run from this one...

This statement alone make me want to run from this one...

You took the words right out of my keyboard. The decline in their album quality in the past decade is one of the most disappointing things in music. Hell, Queensryche was my first taste of prog metal. Had they not issued a steady stream of fecal material in recent years, I'd be willing to give them a pass on an electronic experiment. As it stands though, they have exhausted the limits of my tolerance.

I'll give them a chance once they release some streaming tracks online, but like everyone else, I have zero confidence in this. The thing that scares me the most is when I believe Tate said they were going to incorporate "dance music elements" I believe? Yeah, I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard that one.

Eh, I've found some worthwhile tracks here and there from their recent output. (Except for Q2K. That was completely forgettable. Literally, I can't remember a song from that album.) I picked up American Soldier used and there is some decent stuff on that album. Nothing approaching what they used to do, tho.

I have a feeling it will be the same for this album, that I probably will wait and pick it up used at some point when it strikes my fancy.

Someone bring the tissues, I know someone who is going to be drowning in his pillow tears with all of the queensryche hate in this thread. I guess it must be comforting for them to know they have one fan left and haven't been completely abandoned.

Great news! It will certainly outsell all those Jolly Evergreys. What's even better is that new tour dates have been announced. Anaheim or Vegas. Hmm.. Hopefully, they will balance the new songs with classics from Tribe, Q2K and HITNF.

Great news! It will certainly outsell all those Jolly Evergreys. What's even better is that new tour dates have been announced. Anaheim or Vegas. Hmm.. Hopefully, they will balance the new songs with classics from Tribe, Q2K and HITNF.

If I were you, being the intelligent person you are, I'd actually give a chance to Evergrey and Jolly and listen to an entire album. You'd be surprised - you might like it.

I have 2 Jolly albums (itunes & emusic) and 3-4 Evergrey CDs. The Jolly stuff is ok. AIC blended with prog and a touch of 80s new wave.

Queensryche will always outsell those bands because their audience still buys music.

If I were you, being the intelligent person you are, I'd actually give a chance to Evergrey and Jolly and listen to an entire album. You'd be surprised - you might like it.

I have 2 Jolly albums (itunes & emusic) and 3-4 Evergrey CDs. The Jolly stuff is ok. AIC blended with prog and a touch of 80s new wave.

Ahh ok, I thought you were just being a troll when bringing these bands up. :lol: I don't really hear AiC in them, but maybe because I don't know that much AiC. Good stuff! :)

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER said:
Queensryche will always outsell those bands because their audience still buys music.

I don't disagree with that. That's probably the only category in which QR beats the other two... Quality would be a different story. ;) :D

It's in the vocals. Not too distracting but it's there. Anyway, new music from Queensryche will always be fantastic news.

Ahh ok, I thought you were just being a troll when bringing these bands up. :lol: I don't really hear AiC in them, but maybe because I don't know that much AiC. Good stuff! :)

I don't disagree with that. That's probably the only category in which QR beats the other two... Quality would be a different story. ;) :D