Question about Festival in Cleveland

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
What bands will play at the BW&BK 6pack Festival in Cleveland? On the website they have nine bands listed, but on the main page I found the following news brief:

"You know how an evening of fun with friends can get out-of-hand and before long, you lose track of exactly how many beverages have been consumed? Well, in the exuberance of the initial BW&BK 6-Pack Weekend, San Diego based, traditional metallers, CAGE have been added as special, 13th performer. An extra band, for the price of 12! The band will open the festivities, on Friday night, making a rare appearance in the eastern part of North America. In addition to material from the previous CDs, they will be showcasing songs from the soon to be released, Darker Than Black."

So far it says that Trouble, Nevermore, Elegy, Wolf, Evergrey, Cage, Hypocrisy, Beyond the Embrace, Jag Panzer and Kataklysm will be there. Who are the other three remaining bands?

Not lazy, just careful. We are not releasing band names until they are confirmed (signed contract in hand), not just merely intentions or negotiations. There WILL be announcements for the remaining bands, as they sign. Cage was just added, as a 13th bonus.

I have always wanted to hear CAGE,I know a guy in Cleveland he heard on a radio show there that CANDLEMASS is rumored to be there.I already have my ticket and hotel room so either way I am there!

BANDS CONFIRMED

CANDLEMASS
ONLY North American appearance!

TROUBLE
The Doom Masters Return!

EVERGREY

NEVERMORE

JAG PANZER
One night ONLY:"Tyrants Of Ample Command" set.
Only music from first 3 discs

ELEGY
North American Debut!

WOLF
North American Debut!

KATAKLYSM

BEYOND THE EMBRACE

EIDOLON

CAGE

Originally posted by alexofbodom
Who are going to be the headliners in Cleveland?

I would certainly hope, and think, it would be Nevermore. Since Nevermore are the best band on the planet, they should headline any festival that they participate in. My opinions aside, I believe they are significantly more popular and established then the other acts.

GZ

Originally posted by General Zod
I would certainly hope, and think, it would be Nevermore. Since Nevermore are the best band on the planet, they should headline any festival that they participate in. My opinions aside, I believe they are significantly more popular and established then the other acts.

GZ

Good point. And I'm not that much of a Nevermore fan, but I would have thought they would take a headline slot.

Which now makes me drool at the prospect of who will indeed headline!! Rumour has it that it's Helloween?

Jay-

How can someone with good musical tastes, like yourself, not be a Nevermore fan? So, are you going to this show? And as long as we're on the subject of concerts, are you going to see SX at L'amours?

GZ

If Helloween headlines, I'm there. As of now, I can' see my self going for just 2 bands: Evergrey and Elegy, and possibly Jag Panzer. I need a clincher, and Helloween would definitely do it!

I figured Candlemass would headline one night and Trouble the other night.I guess there is still one big gun to be announced.Although I am a big Nevermore fan,I dont think they should be given headliner status over Trouble,Hypocrisy or Evergrey.Helloween would be cool I guess,not really a big fan but I do like the Dark Ride.Looking forward to see EIDOLON too,what I have heard of Coma Nation is killer:cool: Far as I am concerned they already have enough killer bands there.See you guys there

Jay-

How can someone with good musical tastes, like yourself, not be a Nevermore fan? So, are you going to this show? And as long as we're on the subject of concerts, are you going to see SX at L'amours?

GZ

Hey Zod, I'll answer for JayK.

We're going to the SymX/Halford show at L'Amours on 2/28 (Fri night), and we're considering going to the SymX headlining gig at L'Amours on 3/14 (Fri night). How about you?

Jay-

How can someone with good musical tastes, like yourself, not be a Nevermore fan?

GZ

Oh I'm just lame that's all. :lol: It takes forever for the penny to drop so to speak. Took forever to get into Iced Earth as well, heh.

I have a couple of Nevermore CD's, and one day they'll just click. I know it.

Same thing happened with Opeth. Never understood the hysteria and then all of a sudden.....'lightbulb'!!

Things turn around once you see a band live - the Cleveland Fest might need a look in, but I would want to see one more BIG band added before I buy a plane ticket.