question for Glenn: Video the Show?

prog2112

Feb 11, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT USA
Visit site
I was just wondering if there has been any discussion of video taping the show? I think it would be a great souvenir for everyone because it's a "once in lifetime" opportunity to see all of these bands at one time at one venue. It would also be great promotion for future shows- not like you need more exposure considering the show is sold out already!!

I know I would be willing to pay top dollar for a copy!! I'd even place my order in advance.....like right now..haha....but seriously...!

Thanks,

Sheri: :Shedevil:

There are some clips on the website from last PPUSA 2.0, Angel Dust, Evegrey and Kamelot. I am thinking that they are mostly for the website and for the bands,but who knows maybe one year Glenn can put them out on DVD :hotjump: That would be awesome!

Bear

I have explored every avenue regarding filming the show and producing a region free DVD. Even with the best intent from the bands themselves, dealing with the labels is another hell in itself.

Plus, it costs a small mint to produce a quality DVD including professional filming, editing, mixing, mastering, physical production, publishing fees, video rights, advertising, legal fees, the list goes on and fucking on.

I have done so much research that I know for a fact that I could make nearly triple the money compared to the costs if I simply sold 5,000 copies worldwide. However, without backing, I will not risk it as I'm finally moving from the red to the black so to speak.

Not a single label will touch the project as of now. If you know of someone that has the bankroll, then by all means send them to me.

That said, all of the bands receive copies of the show and are free to release the video in any format.

Glenn H.

It really is a shame. Nevermind the 1200 individuals who are attending the show (as I'm sure each and everyone would buy a copy, maybe two), but think of all the thousands who would love to attend, but can't for one reason or another. I would think that 5000 target would be reached practically overnight (much like the tickets being sold out). I would hope someone would hop on board and consider sponsoring such a DVD.

I know you have talked about that before. Hopefully someone will want to bankroll that badboy eventually, I think it would be a win win situation,god knows if I had the money :loco: . Maybe if the festivel keeps up the big draw and attendance as well as world wide notoriety.Maybe it will happen someday.

Bear