Questions about ProgPower!!!!!!!!!

LadyLovelyLocks

Fantasy Princess
Sep 13, 2002
USA
Visit site
This is going to be my first time at ProgPower!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I ran out and bought the tickets on the first day!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I have a lot of questions!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:D

Ok, you know how it says that the bands will or might be available for autographs and pictures? WELL! For those of you who have been to one of these, tell me how that works! Where will the bands be? Will they be in the lobby or what? :confused:

Wait! I have more questions, but I'll ask them later when I remember them!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:p

Last year there was a formal signing area set up but most bands also hang around at their respective record label tables. This year, I imagine it will be more of a formal thing.

Like woosta said, the bands were easily found by their respective label/merch tables for most of the festival. I can't say if this year will be more formal or not. It really depends on the attitudes of the band members. Blind Guardian will be hard to corner as they are leaving early for their Montreal show on Saturday.

I think this year will be similar to last year. Bands will likely be found wandering the lobby area chatting with fans, having drinks, and enjoying themselves. I remember finding several scattered about the seats, and some on the floor watching other bands. I also saw some (namely Balance of Power and Symphony X) chatting with fans at their hotels. Just keep your pen and items to be signed handy, and I'm sure you'll find an opportunity. :)

--Mike

Every thing that has been said so far is true. It is entirely up to the band how much interaction they want to have with the fans. I do offer formal 30-45 minute signings between band sets if the band wishes to participate. Otherwise, the bands do tend to wander around and visit with fans.

The one thing that is different is that most of these bigger headline bands have probably never experienced this type of atmosphere where it is a festival, yet on a smaller and more intimate setting. They are each not the focal point of the entire crowd, but simply another part of the equation so to speak.

I'm fairly certaint that you are bound to run into a member around one of the hotels in the area.

All of that said, I can 100% tell you that Jon Schaffer will have a formal signing session on both nights.

Glenn H.

Ok, do you think Blind Guardian would be wandering around and signing autographs before their show? Or should I chase them down right afterward?

And I also want to know if I should bring something for them to sign, or do they sell pictures and plenty of other stuff that I could have them sign?

You should bring your own items for any band to sign as t-shirts are the main thing that all bands sell.

As for BG, I'm afraid that they may be the hardest band to track down. Since they have an early flight on Sat morning to Montreal, they will not be mingling as the other bands will. Plus, I hold the signing sessions for the bands that aren't playing that night (i.e. the Saturday bands will be signing on Friday). That means that BG will not have a formal autograph session unless they choose to do so *really* early, which I kind of doubt. :(

Glenn H.

All right! I guess I just won't sit down until BG plays! Until they play, I'll just have to run all around and look for them!!!:(

That'll drive my sister INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: