Sheraton Midtown and other Progpower questions

EdF'Nguy

New Metal Member
Jul 11, 2004
I have a room reserved at Sheraton Midtown in Atlanta, How far is this from Earthlink, is it in walking distance, is it a safe area to walk through at 1 am,I am not particularly fond of being mugged. And a couple questions about Progpower, do the bands sell merchandise, i.e T-shirts, hats etc. And how early should I arrive to the show to ensure I don't miss Into Eternity, I heard the line can get long. Thanks in advance

You're only about three-quarters of a mile or so from the venue; relatively speaking, it's a safe area, but, obviously, anything can happen anywhere. I wouldn't feel particularly unsafe walking in that area, but it is worth noting that a cab ride should only run about $3.50, which would be well worth it if it's raining, etc.

I'm not sure if all bands sell merchandise, but I know that some of them do. The best merchandise is, of course, the official ProgPower shirt!

The line does get pretty long, but I have no idea how long it may take to make your way in (Gold Badge perk alert!), so I'm hoping someone else will be able to provide additional information about that.

I have a buddy that needs a roommate for the week-end-- he is staying at the Fairfield! A little closer and some great parties! Plus, splitting the cost wouldn't be so bad. Let me know.

I'd plan on getting to the venue about an hour before the doors open to the (non-Gold Badge) public. Seems like at that time, the line is starting to stretch, but you'd be in the venue soon enough to get settled before Into Eternity starts.

Of course, if you wanna be right in the front, you might want to get there earlier....or buy someone's Gold Badge (yet another Gold Badge perk alert). :)

EdF'Nguy said:
I have a room reserved at Sheraton Midtown in Atlanta, How far is this from Earthlink, is it in walking distance, is it a safe area to walk through at 1 am,I am not particularly fond of being mugged. And a couple questions about Progpower, do the bands sell merchandise, i.e T-shirts, hats etc. And how early should I arrive to the show to ensure I don't miss Into Eternity, I heard the line can get long. Thanks in advance

I would definately look into getting a cab late at night there, it's cheap anyway. BTW I've stayed there at that Sheraton before, so be warned there's usually a horde of early risers who are loud as hell. I called security with the 1st noise and finally quieted the morons down. Just a suggestion.