ProgPower fest DO's and DONT's

OH BOY!!!!! Don't get Metalrose startedon Sonic...that girl was in love with that place!!!!!

sh0kr0k said:
DO dine at Sonic and Chik-Fil-A while in ATL.

*inspired by MetalRose's kickass new avatar and my insatiable hunger for chicken nuggets.

Ask Linda about my Sonic obsession. Scott and Tracey got to see it too.

As we were driving home, we took a wrong turn and ended up on route 41A. We quickly got back to where we were going. (About 10 minutes total). A few minutes later I said, "Well I wouldn't be opposed to stopping for breakfast soon." So Tracey told me to keep my eyes out for food. It was hard to see, as it was really foggy for some reason.

About 4-5 miles down the road the fog lifted and I saw the notorious blue signs noting food, gas and lodging. As we got closer I saw SONIC on it. I about jumped out of my chair. I yelled SONIC OH MY GOD! Tracey rolled her eyes and asked if it was open. I said, well if it's not, there's plenty of other places to eat. So we get off the exit and I point to the right. At that point, the sign wasn't visable.

She asked if I was sure, and half a block down we saw it... with CARS! It was open. I promised Scott and Tracey I'd buy their first Sonic. We ordered and I was jumping up and down, I was so excited:

I made Tracey take a picture by the menu:
DSCN1260.jpg

The first bites:
DSCN1261.jpg

DSCN1262.jpg

As we were leaving, I decided that I needed ONE more Route 44 Ocean Water. So I had Tracey order me one (with out Ice). She kept calling me a crazy bitch, so as she pulled out of the parking lot, I had TWO Route 44's sitting between my feet. She looked over and said, "Don't worry, I won't spill your precious."

After we got back onto the road I noticed what road we were on. It was 41A. I told Tracey that we didn't get lost, we just turned to early for Sonic. About half a mile later, there was fog again, completely covering everything. I knew it was a sign, that we had to have Sonic that day.

I spent 20 hours in the car making sure my Route 44 didn't spill. It did twice, but I only lost maybe half an ounce total. Tracey kept reffering to it as "My precious" and I promised her once I got back, I'd make an avatar just for her... since she put up with it.

And she thought my Sonic obsession was a joke. Linda warned her....

-Metal

rottingflesh said:
The Gay Denny's is not there anymore? what is it called now?
Man, shows you what i know.

I have no idea, I was far far far too inebriated to remember any details. o_O
I don't even remember what I ordered, but was just flabbergasted at the humungous size of what they served! And I'm sure the "waiters" had just as much fun with a couple drunken midwestern hick/metalheads as we had being obnoxious and swooning over the meal. I left them nearly a $20 tip just for dealing with us, they deserved it :D

DO take a shower before you go to the venue!

There wasn't too much problem with funk, but I was assaulted with the stench of unwashed male on a few occasions. No matter what they tell you, soap does NOT burn!

Metal, that is hilarious ! Now we know how we can REALLY win our way into Metal's heart. Get her a secret MN supply of Sonic. :) Like Portillos and Lou Malnatis have that ship your friend some real chi-town food thing hehe

yardleybates said:
Metal, that is hilarious ! Now we know how we can REALLY win our way into Metal's heart. Get her a secret MN supply of Sonic. :) Like Portillos and Lou Malnatis have that ship your friend some real chi-town food thing hehe

Things that I can't get here that I love:

Sonic and Moxie soda. Thanks to Evil for my supply this year:
DSCN1255.jpg

-Metal

I'll have to hit up a Sonic next year. I'm in New York, and I CONSTANTLY see commercials for them, yet the closest one to New York is in West Virginia I believe, so I've never been to one. Only a year to go...

jaimek said:
DO take a shower before you go to the venue!

There wasn't too much problem with funk, but I was assaulted with the stench of unwashed male on a few occasions. No matter what they tell you, soap does NOT burn!

LOL that is so true, I thought I went "over washed and perfumed" but by smelling some ppl "body odor" at the pit, I was glad I did hehehehe

TBJ said:
LOL that is so true, I thought I went "over washed and perfumed" but by smelling some ppl "body odor" at the pit, I was glad I did hehehehe
Where I was standing Fri. there definitely some funkage...someone was ripe. :tickled:

rottingflesh said:
The Gay Denny's is not there anymore? what is it called now?
Man, shows you what i know.

It has been closed for a while. It has been replaced by a new shiny (gay?) City Cafe. A City Cafe that is worlds better than the one at 10th and hemphill. It is good late night eats.. not as good as korean BBQ, but pretty good :).

As for Sonic.... with all the great food in Atl and you guys are obsessed with Sonic! Don't you know that Fast food will kill you! Have you watched super size me! :)

- Robin - food snob
and yes I was snacking on edamame from a bag in my purse during the preparty :)

DO...go to the Rave upstairs...that just added so much more fun for the night. Plus it was great getting asked, "This is my first Rave...is it yours?" No honey, I just wear my black Green Lantern t-shirt, faded blue jeans, black leather boots and sporting a ProgPower Gold Badge around my neck. What the hell!?! It was so much fun!

DO NOT...find a liquor store on your way to the venue and buy only $100 bucks worth of alcohol and forget to get food. Because, a $100 bucks only lasted pre-party and half-way into Friday. And food because you will never wake up in time for the free breakfast when you go to sleep at 6am!!!

I love all you guys!!!

As for Sonic.... with all the great food in Atl and you guys are obsessed with Sonic! Don't you know that Fast food will kill you! Have you watched super size me!

haha, no shit... did you see the part on the DVD where Morgan put all the different fast foods in the glass jars? Those damn fries probably STILL exist...

Petethedrummer said:
I'll have to hit up a Sonic next year. I'm in New York, and I CONSTANTLY see commercials for them, yet the closest one to New York is in West Virginia I believe, so I've never been to one. Only a year to go...

That's our first plan for next year's ProgPower!