Opeth - Do's and Dont's

Look at the apple pic you chose, MW. It isn't just any still life. See how the apples kind of sit on that table? Notice how they appear like they should be just falling right off due to the angle the artist used? Cool huh? Well, NO ONE DID IT BEFORE HIM! That's what makes Cezanne an artist. He was innovative. He is the father of what came to be known as cubism.

Your artist of fairy dragon slaying wizardry is, well, cliche. It's been done a hundred thousand times over.

Metal Wrath!

What on earth is wrong with you..

'Yes they are styles, styles of creating the same subject matter over and over again, my crappy sig is much more innovative than a picture of an apple on a table. Btw, you are shit at proving NFU's point.'

Your picture is not innovative at all. The mondrian piece on the other page is 'pure abstraction'. Mondrian did a similar piece and that was all taken from nature directly. Originally it being a tree. But he wanted to disregard art forms that directly show Objects or forms from nature. It was a daring step for an artist. Your piece is just some artist that has taken something he has seen directly in life and put it into a typical fairy land setting.Innovative...Hell No.

What you stated as 'styles' of art is most definatley not a style..... 'Abstract Cubism Expressionism Fauvism
Impressionism Pointillism Pop Art Postimpressionism
Primitivism Realism Surrealism'

If you want me to Pwn you anymore. Il be more than happy to run to the ground with Pictures quotes and arguments that will no doubt crush you.

Why doesn't someone who lives close to where he lives just go to his house and punch him in the face? (not that I condone such actions)

Crushing someone over the internet seems pretty cowardly to me.

affinityband said:
Metal Wrath!

'Yes they are styles, styles of creating the same subject matter over and over again, my crappy sig is much more innovative than a picture of an apple on a table. Btw, you are shit at proving NFU's point.'

Your picture is not innovative at all. The mondrian piece on the other page is 'pure abstraction'. Mondrian did a similar piece and that was all taken from nature directly. Originally it being a tree. But he wanted to disregard art forms that directly show Objects or forms from nature. It was a daring step for an artist. Your piece is just some artist that has taken something he has seen directly in life and put it into a typical fairy land setting.Innovative...Hell No.

What you stated as 'styles' of art is most definatley not a style..... 'Abstract Cubism Expressionism Fauvism
Primitivism Realism Surrealism'

If you want me to Pwn you anymore. Il be more than happy to run to the ground with Pictures quotes and arguments that will no doubt crush you.

yeah but he said Behold which is an awesome word.

daz436 said:
because that's even sadder on so many more levels

Actually you have a point, but it'd be real funny if someone actually did this :lol:

Edit: Haha, that edit came too slow for me!

haha yeh i took it back because i figured you'd think i was flaming you or something lol

^Haha nah man, besides, I wouldn't care anyway if someone flamed me over the internet. What does bother me is people whose postings simply consist of almost nothing but trying to bring other people and their posts down. Sure, I don't care if they do that to me, but it is annoying and some people do care about that kind of stuff.

Opethian666 said:
^Haha nah man, besides, I wouldn't care anyway if someone flamed me over the internet. What does bother me is people whose postings simply consist of almost nothing but trying to bring other people and their posts down. Sure, I don't care if they do that to me, but it is annoying and some people do care about that kind of stuff.

agreed!

affinityband said:
Metal Wrath!

Your picture is not innovative at all. IMO The mondrian piece on the other page is 'pure abstraction'. Mondrian did a similar piece and that was all taken from nature directly. Originally it being a tree. But he wanted to disregard art forms that directly show Objects or forms from nature. It was a daring step for an artist IMOIMO. Your piece is just some artist that has taken something he has seen directly in life and put it into a typical fairy land setting (WTF???).Innovative...Hell NoIMOIMOIMOIMOIMO.

Primitivism Realism Surrealism' (WTF???)

AFFINITYBAND!

You are a douchebag. I suggest you save your lame argument for someone who cares. I am simply debating an argument, the only person who is being crushed is you, and your ego, and shit tastes in art. I could care less about Cezanne and his REVOLUTIONARY MASTERWORK painting of apples falling of a fucking table!

Btw, I have edited your post slightly.:)

metalheads have an absolutely godawful sense of aesthetics, this is hardly anything new. look at how popular travis smith is!

i like the minimalist stuff he usually has on his front page. >_> especially the previous one...

but i myself prefer fractal artwork, and thats what i create mostly...so yeah...

Spectacular Views said:
metalheads have an absolutely godawful sense of aesthetics, this is hardly anything new. look at how popular travis smith is!
Actually, I didn't choose this artwork for it's aesthetic quality, I wanted to use a phenomenal picture to combat all the shitty nature signatures and frogs, but that has died down now so I will be getting a new signature.

Everyone, Arnie says:
shut%20the%20fuck%20up.jpg

Now the best thing anyone could do at this point would be to just say...ok great, clearly you know far more about art than me. You don't have to mean it, but it saves the pair of you making total knobheads of yourselves online.

You really care what someone who you've never met and never will thinks of your taste in art?

Because if you do that is just really pathetic and I would shed a tear if you drowned in your own feceas.

[edit:]It appears you two deserve more credit than I gave you.

metal_wrath said:
AFFINITYBAND!

You are a douchebag. I suggest you save your lame argument for someone who cares. I am simply debating an argument, the only person who is being crushed is you, and your ego, and shit tastes in art. I could care less about Cezanne and his REVOLUTIONARY MASTERWORK painting of apples falling of a fucking table!

Btw, I have edited your post slightly.:)

You uncultured swine. You dont even listen/read to what other people have to say about music, when you could actually really enjoy something they suggest. My ego has nothing to do with it. But for you to go ahead and state art styles wrongly in an argument where you are trying to prove yourself correct is plain stupid.