Racer X for prog power!

Kenso

Juke Box Hero
Sep 18, 2006
zzz
to combat the nocturnal rites thread

cmon how could you NOT wanna see racer X

anyways show your support here.

well paul gilbert plays with them, who is fuckin awesome, you might have heard of him

www.myspace.com/racerxtheband

theres their myspace, dont scroll down though for some reason someone posted a pic of some dudes cock on there

to be honest i dont know the names of alot of the songs i liked cause i had some poor labelled media (track 1, track 2, you get the idea...)

but on that page i really enjoy scarified, the others wont load for me

www.myspace.com/racerxsuperheroes

theres another page of their music

www.myspace.com/racerxsuperheroes

alot of them on the first wont load for me, i personally love almost everything they got, and think theyd be SO awesome live

regardless, draw your own opinion.

i could pick some better tracks to put on the myspaces, but those are good too

id say download them and see if you like them, and if you do go out and by the cds.

FUCK YEAH!!!

Good Racer X Songs:

Frenzy
Into the Night
Blowing Up the Radio
Scarified
Fire of Rock
Poison Eyes
B.R.O.
Superheroes
Viking Kong
A Time Before the Sun

Shit, just get all their albums! I was lucky and picked up Street Lethal at PPUSA this year.

hahaha and it was all my thinking that gave birth to the idea...I like em, except eh singer is a bit eh...great choice though for progpower.

Yeah they would be cool to see but they really dont fit the PPUSA mold...I saw them back in the day and they were awesome.I her that Bruce B is back jamming with Gilbert again too.

Yeah they would be cool to see but they really dont fit the PPUSA mold...I saw them back in the day and they were awesome.I her that Bruce B is back jamming with Gilbert again too.

How are they any less fitting for Progpower if a band like Freak Kitchen or Pink Cream 69 can also make the bill?

Every guitar dork in attendance would shit their pants over Gilbert, myself included. He is a legend, right up there with Malmsteen.

Well, okay, yeah but its pretty boring up there...Nice mask though...Check out a movie called Thunderalley, Dude was in that movie with his old band, Surgical Steel.

FUCK YEAH!!!

Good Racer X Songs:

Frenzy
Into the Night
Blowing Up the Radio
Scarified
Fire of Rock
Poison Eyes
B.R.O.
Superheroes
Viking Kong
A Time Before the Sun

Shit, just get all their albums! I was lucky and picked up Street Lethal at PPUSA this year.

Good list! I totally support a Racer X ProgPower appearance!!! :kickass:

big giant HELL YEAH for Racer X.
For Racer X newbs, I'd pick up both of their live cds, as well as Technical Difficulties. Balls out shred, take no prisoners!

J-Dubya

That gets a big hell yeah from me. I mean, talk about a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had counted seeing Racer X with Paul and Bruce out almost as much as I had of seeing Cacophony, so for that to happen would be mind blowing. I mean, you're talking about pretty much the most indispensible guitar duo of all time for crazy in your face kick ass shred. Not to mention that Technical Difficulties is just flat out amazing through and through, probably the best 'hair metal' album of all time. I saw Paul with Yellow Matter Custard (Beatles tribute with Mike Portnoy) and it was amazing to watch the guy play. Bring em on!

That gets a big hell yeah from me. I mean, talk about a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had counted seeing Racer X with Paul and Bruce out almost as much as I had of seeing Cacophony, so for that to happen would be mind blowing. I mean, you're talking about pretty much the most indispensible guitar duo of all time for crazy in your face kick ass shred. Not to mention that Technical Difficulties is just flat out amazing through and through, probably the best 'hair metal' album of all time. I saw Paul with Yellow Matter Custard (Beatles tribute with Mike Portnoy) and it was amazing to watch the guy play. Bring em on!

Dont hate me, but I have seen Cacaphony live 5 times. I used to tech for a dude that learned from Friedman & Becker and Paul Marino was the singer on his first album. ahhhh memories

Racer X would rule at Progpower if it was 1988...their time has passed,but in their day they kicked serious ass. Play the first 2 discs back to back...then follow that with any of their recent stuff...It is NOT the same band!!! Something changed along the way

I had one of their casettes back in the day, but I haven't heard anything about them in years. Have they done anything of late, or are they more of a nostalgic type? If they are more of a nostagic type I hope they aren't added to prog power, as there would seem to be a lot of better fits available.

Britt

I had one of their casettes back in the day, but I haven't heard anything about them in years. Have they done anything of late, or are they more of a nostalgic type? If they are more of a nostagic type I hope they aren't added to prog power, as there would seem to be a lot of better fits available.

Britt

Take a listen to Technical Difficulties & Super Heroes.....both fairly recent....

J-Dubya