Raintime - Flies & Lies (+ a tour suggestion for Intromental)

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
I know many of you have this album already but I finally just downloaded it from ITunes and man am I blown away. This is amazing stuff. I totally agree with Glenn and others when they say Children of Bodom meets Skid Row. You can not be more on the money with that comparison. I would love to hear these guys do a cover of Slave to the Grind or Youth Gone Wild. I think the results would be amazing. Speaking of covers... Beat It? Oh my goodness, when I first heard this song and realized it was a Michael Jackson cover I was like "what the fuck?" Seconds later I was totally jamming, that is one fuck of a cover. I love when metal bands do stuff like that, just like when Mercenary covered "Music Non Stop". This is amazing stuff.

So now on to my tour suggestion I would love to see Glenn and the boys put something together with Raintime, Mercenary, and Pagans Mind. That would just be a sick tour.

Kinda makes me sad that people have no idea that Lemur Voice did a much better cover of Beat It way back when. Raintime rocks though. Great album.

It's been a rough year for me and I have not been able to keep up with concerts and cds the way I normally do. I am just getting around to alot of what I missed now.

I know many of you have this album already but I finally just downloaded it from ITunes and man am I blown away. This is amazing stuff. I totally agree with Glenn and others when they say Children of Bodom meets Skid Row. You can not be more on the money with that comparison. I would love to hear these guys do a cover of Slave to the Grind or Youth Gone Wild. I think the results would be amazing. Speaking of covers... Beat It? Oh my goodness, when I first heard this song and realized it was a Michael Jackson cover I was like "what the fuck?" Seconds later I was totally jamming, that is one fuck of a cover. I love when metal bands do stuff like that, just like when Mercenary covered "Music Non Stop". This is amazing stuff.

So now on to my tour suggestion I would love to see Glenn and the boys put something together with Raintime, Mercenary, and Pagans Mind. That would just be a sick tour.

Music Non-Stop by Mercenary > ALL

Best cover I've ever heard. And Kent kick butt too.

Kinda makes me sad that people have no idea that Lemur Voice did a much better cover of Beat It way back when.

+1

That was a fun cover! I first heard it the morning of the first ProgPower Europe in 1999, and later when we were hanging out with the guys in LV, it was sometimes hard to keep a straight face. :)

Raintime rocks though. Great album.

Also +1