Ripper Owens to sing unreleased DIO material...

I agree that Jorn would probably the best to do this. Or maybe Russell Allen. Johnny Gioeli would be good too.

I'm not the greatest Ripper fan but he can sing if he wants to. If he doesn't make it a scream-fest, that could be fine.

I don't think it's that big of an issue that these songs are recorded with another singer if Wendy agreed to that. I mean, is she doing it for the money? I don't think so. It's not like the last Dio albums sold millions of copies. This album of unreleased stuff won't sell that much either IMO. But I'd be glad to hear the songs Ronnie was working on in his latest months of writing.

I am asking because I don't know...how long did the surviving members of Voivod wait before taking Piggy's recorded tracks and making albums with them?

as far as i can remember Piggy made a point to record that stuff in his hospital room to make sure his ideas were finished and recorded before passing. he was well aware up until the very end what was happening.

and again i am for Dio demos being dug out, and honestly Jorn would be best candidate i think since he has already carved that path.

but my issue stems from what is the rush to rape and pillage his fan base all at once unless they think his legacy will not last, which we all know isn't going to happen.

and i am also sure RJD wanted this stuff to be done and heard, but to happen so quickly after his passing as to make his fans become skeptical of his estates intentions is where i see the fault in their ways. it is their right and hell, probably even RJD's wishes to have his merchandise pressed and sold, etc. but all i am saying is they need to be smarter about the business end and think of long term rather than short term explosion of revenue.

but we can already see they are thinking that way selling off vintage Sacred Heart tour shirts for $75, which is a rip off to me. REPRESS them and sell them for $20 on the site and you will make SO MUCH more money and make fans happy in the process. it's just dumb business at this point.

but my issue stems from what is the rush to rape and pillage his fan base all at once unless they think his legacy will not last, which we all know isn't going to happen.

You told me you were not going to commend on this when I said something before.
Careful you might cause a forum mob to pull out there pitchforks and torches. Or maybe that just happens when I voice the same opinion.

In another conversation about this topic this was said,;

"soon we're going to start seeing metal singers dropping off mysteriously, and then Ripper joins a new band every few months as more and more die...would make an excellent crime novel
some sort of Jack the Ripper pun in the title
most obvious one just being called it "Tim the Ripper"

Jorn's Dio tribute is killer...

This was the first Jorn album I listened to and was very surprised at how good it was. You can hear and feel his respect for Dio in the music.

Tim Owens is an interesting choice. It makes my wonder if Tim worked on his vocal technique with Ronnie at some point.