Rites Of Darkness Listening Guide

MasterOLightning

Optimator
Jun 3, 2003
Chicago
www.myspace.com
I'm going. I booked my trip knowing that I'd have a good time socially, and I like enough metal to enjoy the fest regardless of my knowledge of the bands. But to take it to an elite level of enjoyment, I need to familiarize myself with many more of the bands.

I hope we can get a thread going here to highlight some of the best of who is playing, and hopefully highlight some material they are actually going to play. I'm quite familiar with Inquisition, but beyond that I'd really like to hear selections from the best of RoD this year.

Jesus, EVERYTHING on that bill is good, aside from like Plutocracy, Butcher ABC, and General Surgery. Pagan Altar, Hour of 13, Demigod, Antaeus, Zemial are ALL going to be highlights for me. Midnight should be nothing but great fun and an incredible show. I seriously urge you to check out something from every band. This is the festival of the ages, even with the cancellations.

Jesus, EVERYTHING on that bill is good, aside from like Plutocracy, Butcher ABC, and General Surgery. Pagan Altar, Hour of 13, Demigod, Antaeus, Zemial are ALL going to be highlights for me. Midnight should be nothing but great fun and an incredible show. I seriously urge you to check out something from every band. This is the festival of the ages, even with the cancellations.

General Surgery is good tbh. Necrology is a great EP. I have seen them live too.

Looks like Mortuary Drape are out. As for the bands I am most looking forward to:

Inquisition
Demigod
Stargazer
Demonical
Weapon
Loss
Divine Eve
Ritual Necromancy
Pagan Altar
Dead Congregation
Zemial
Ignivomous