Ritual 'The Ancient Tome' cover revealed

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
Ritual – ‘The Ancient Tome’ cover created by Yannick Bouchard (http://www.illusorydreams.com/Ritual) is finally revealed! 'The Ancient Tome' is a part of Heaven and Hell Records' 'Lost Relics' series that collects and archives some of the rarest hard rock and heavy metal from the past.

Ritualcovertiny.jpg

Ritual, the first band to be brought into the series, made a good name for themselves in the New York and Jersey area in the mid to late 80s. As the buzz grew word spread to the UK and as far as Japan. Then the 90s happened, making hard rock a difficult sell. Still, Ritual continued under the leadership of Billy Farley.
Years later collectors would begin to seek out early Ritual material like 'L.T.M.P.' and with that demand bootlegs would appear. Well now that material is officially being released for fans of Killer Dwarfs, Autograph, Quiet Riot, and Ratt.

A Ritual track can be heard on the FREE download sampler at www.heavenandhellrecords.com

I thought this thread was about the Swedish band Ritual :p

Nope, this is an 80s US band.
There were and are many Ritual bands, there is also the NWOBHM band Widow that changed the name to Ritual.
Years after the UK band Widow, the bass player of Widow (US) would come up to me and tell me of his new band Widow that sounded like a NWOBHM band. I found it to be funny.