RIVERSIDE - Love, Fear And The Time Machine

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://riversideband.pl/en/news :

lfattm500_9e9e4f7bf667256eba252e0415aff24a.jpg

“Love, Fear and the Time Machine", the band’s sixth studio longplay album will be released via Inside Out Music and Mystic Production on September 4th, 2015, feature cover artwork by longtime design-partner Travis Smith / Seempieces (Katatonia, Opeth, etc.) and contain the following track listing:

RIVERSIDE – “Love, Fear and the Time Machine”
1. Lost (Why Should I Be Frightened By a Hat?)
2. Under the Pillow
3. #‎Addicted‬
4. Caterpillar and the Barbed Wire
5. Saturate Me
6. Afloat
7. Discard Your Fear
8. Towards the Blue Horizon
9. Time Travellers
10. Found (The Unexpected Flaw of Searching)

RIVERSIDE are additionally working on a musical bonus package entitled “Day Session”, the brighter companion of the “Night Session” presented on the band’s previous album “Shrine Of New Generation Slaves”.

RIVERSIDE’s Mariusz Duda checked in with the following comment about “Love, Fear and the Time Machine": “On the new album I wanted to combine the 70s and the 80s. The 80s were a decade of musical growing up for me. We don't sound as retro and 70s as before, we moved forward, we sort of demolished the previous foundations and build new ones. Despite the huge dose of melancholy and nostalgia, there is a new space, the songs are arranged with more flow and at the same time they have never been so concise and to the point before. The lyrics on "Love, Fear and the Time Machine" talk about a transformation. About making an important, perhaps life changing, decision everyone has to make at some point in their lives. What happens to us when we have to make it? On the one hand we're excited by the change, we feel free, liberated, and on the other we fear the unknown, we are afraid of what might happen to us. We go back in time and we go forward in time in our heads. And all that happens when we have to decide something important. The first of the songs on the album is called 'Lost', the last one, 'Found'. If we sometimes get lost in life, it is to go through something and be found again on the other side, to be reborn as someone better and more valuable. I would like this album to be one of those that one day simply becomes your best friend.”

Unofficial cellphone video of new song performed at Metal Hammer Festival:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to check if the vendors will have the vinyl version? Inside Out booth?

The updated North American tour itinerary should be out by the end of this week.

SoCal will thank the fuck out of me.

:D That's great news! I had hope considering you guys were able to bring PoS out here too.

I'm really looking forward to this new album after finding the SoNGS a bit lackluster. Really digging that album art too. :Spin:

RIVERSIDE PREMIER “DISCARD YOUR FEAR” LYRIC VIDEO

Riverside’s Mariusz Duda checked in about "Discard Your Fear" as follows: "On the new album I wanted to combine the 70's and the 80's. The 80's were a decade of musical growing up for me. I remember being enchanted by music deep with bass, chorus and all kinds of reverb. 'Discard Your Fear' is a good example of this flow. The lyrics are about the most popular kind of fear that touches most of us - the fear of the unknown."

RIVERSIDE PREMIER “DISCARD YOUR FEAR” LYRIC VIDEO

Riverside’s Mariusz Duda checked in about "Discard Your Fear" as follows: "On the new album I wanted to combine the 70's and the 80's. The 80's were a decade of musical growing up for me. I remember being enchanted by music deep with bass, chorus and all kinds of reverb. 'Discard Your Fear' is a good example of this flow. The lyrics are about the most popular kind of fear that touches most of us - the fear of the unknown."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc4MSBVLF2c

Patiently waiting for the Opeth-like grunts that never come haha

One of those random things that hit me while listening to "Lost (Why Should I Be Frightened By a Hat?)."

Imagine if that keyboards were dropped and Eddie Vedder was on vocals. It would work nicely on his solo stuff. And I say that as the biggest Pearl Jam fan on this forum.

Awesome album, once again. Along with Anathema, these guys are definitely the most exciting for me this year.

Only one more week!!!

Just got a notification today that they added some shows in the US.
Dates as follows.

Date Venue Location

Saturday, Sep 12 Center Stage Atlanta, GA
Sunday, Sept 13 The Canal Club Richmond, VA
Tuesday, Sept 15 Bull Shooters Saloon Philadelphia, PA
Wednesday, Sept 16 NJ Proghouse at the Crossroads Theatre New Brunswick, NJ
Friday, Sep. 18 The Marlin Room New York, NY
Saturday, Sept 19 L'Imperial Quebec City, QC
Sunday, Sept 20 The Plaza Theater Montreal, QC
Tuesday, Sept 22 Mod Club Toronto, ON
Wednesday, Sept 23 Token Lounge Detroit, MI
Thursday, Sept 24 Reggie's Chicago, IL