RIVERSIDE: Eye Of The Soundscape

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
RIVERSIDE - EYE OF THE SOUNDSCAPE RELEASE ANNOUNCED

"...Riverside continue to be productive and have just announced the release of a complementary instrumental album entitled Eye Of The Soundscape, on October 21st via InsideOutMusic. The release again features cover artwork by Travis Smith (see below) and features 13 experimental and highly atmospheric compositions, which showcase Riverside's ambient electronic side.

Eye Of The Soundscape compiles all the special instrumental Riverside tracks previously used as bonus material for the Shrine Of New Generation Slaves and Love, Fear And The Time Machine albums, alongside rare cuts as well as 4 new songs ("Where The River Flows", "Shine", "Sleepwalkers" and "Eye Of The Soundscape") into a massive playing time of +100 minutes, which will be available as 2CD-Mediabook, 3LP (with both CDs as bonus) or Digital Download...."

Read what Riverside's Mariusz Duda had to say about the upcoming release at the above link...

riversidealbumaug.jpg

Last edited:
love me some Riverside, but hard to get excited about leftover, instrumental jams. will check out some samples, though..

love me some Riverside, but hard to get excited about leftover, instrumental jams. will check out some samples, though..

Have you ever listened to the bonus discs that Riverside have released over the years? They are amazing

Have you ever listened to the bonus discs that Riverside have released over the years? They are amazing
The song R.E.M on the bonus disk for Rapid Eye Movement is one of the best songs they ever put out....and one of the best Pink Floyd inspired electronic jams ever..
If this release is anything like this song (and while not reading any of the links as I'm busy but I'm assuming this is on here)

This could knock both the Ray disks from my top spot

Reactions: MelbCro

I did with their first couple of releases. Not bad as background music, but did not hold my attention like their standard releases. Have not heard the newer bonus stuff, though. Thanks, will check out. And, yes, I will likely get this to support the band, but much more interested in hearing new material from them.

I did with their first couple of releases. Not bad as background music, but did not hold my attention like their standard releases. Have not heard the newer bonus stuff, though. Thanks, will check out. And, yes, I will likely get this to support the band, but much more interested in hearing new material from them.

I am told from their Facebook page that around Christmas or so, Riverside will have decided first if, and second how, they will continue. I think the fan response to this album will be at least partially a contributor to that decision.

For better or for worse, we can think of this as Riverside's answer to "The Endless River": an instrumental posthumous (maybe, in this case, still undetermined) album of outtakes and mellow ambience recorded in tribute, showcasing the importance of the deceased musician.

Even down to how you are likely to react to it. If you liked The Endless River, you probably will like this. If you didn't like that album, you probably won't like this.

I am told from their Facebook page that around Christmas or so, Riverside will have decided first if, and second how, they will continue. I think the fan response to this album will be at least partially a contributor to that decision.

I follow their facebook page and this is the first I've heard of this. Link?

Thanks. There is nothing in that which says they are undecided about their future, at least not in the way you were describing it. I'm pretty confident they will continue with the band, they still seem very passionate about it.

Thanks. There is nothing in that which says they are undecided about their future, at least not in the way you were describing it. I'm pretty confident they will continue with the band, they still seem very passionate about it.

A post a couple months before that said that they would "try" but had not made any guarantees. I think they have decided to continue but don't know if this just means a new guitarist.