Rockstar supernova update

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
So they had to change their name. They changed it to Rockstar Supernova.

The House band was going to go on tour with them. However, they no longer are, and Magni and Storm aren't going to be performing with them.

The real reason?

The House Band is going to be Paul Stanley's band on his solo tour \m/.

"Stanley will tour for Live To Win starting in late October. Stanley's backing band for the LIVE TO WIN Tour will be the House Band from the CBS TV Show, ROCK STAR. The band appeared on the first season of the show - ROCK STAR: INXS, as well as this year's ROCK STAR: Supernova. Comprised of Paul Mirkovich (Keyboards), Jim McGorman (Guitar), Rafael Moreira (Lead Guitar), Nate Morton (Drums) and Sasha Krivstov (Bass)."

There's a california group or something that had been already playing as the name 'Supernova'

Why does anyone really care about Supernova or whatever they call themselves. I sure don't, but hey everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes.

Cheiron said:
So they had to change their name. They changed it to Rockstar Supernova.

The House band was going to go on tour with them. However, they no longer are, and Magni and Storm aren't going to be performing with them.

The real reason?

The House Band is going to be Paul Stanley's band on his solo tour \m/.

"Stanley will tour for Live To Win starting in late October. Stanley's backing band for the LIVE TO WIN Tour will be the House Band from the CBS TV Show, ROCK STAR. The band appeared on the first season of the show - ROCK STAR: INXS, as well as this year's ROCK STAR: Supernova. Comprised of Paul Mirkovich (Keyboards), Jim McGorman (Guitar), Rafael Moreira (Lead Guitar), Nate Morton (Drums) and Sasha Krivstov (Bass)."

The only thing interesting about this thread whatsoever is the fact the house band is actually talented! Otherwise, Paul Stanley and the rest of the gang can take a flying leap for all I care!

Pyramaze51 said:
Why does anyone really care about Supernova or whatever they call themselves. I sure don't, but hey everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes.
I hear you. I found their originals to be bland and uninspired. You can REALLY tell that they had little to no hand in the writing in their former bands.

Also, I would think for a show on a MAJOR network, there would have been some research done on available band names. I mean, Supernova seems like such a common thing. I know there are several bands called Supernova out there just by doing a Google.

I enjoyed the show though. The guy who won (Lucas) was my LAST choice though. I thought the other 3 were WAY stronger!

I agree totally with you Matt, in my opinion Magni was the best and should have won hands down. I think this was just something for Tommy lee to get his name back on TV. I know he was disappointed he wasn't chosen for Damocracy, but you got to remember those musicians were Icons not has beens or wanna be's, well at least 4 out 5 were Icons.

uh, o.k...Personal I see that there was no need for a second Rockstar. The first one had a reason, INXS needed a singer. Supernova or Rockstar Supernova will not even be a real band after this tour. Tommy is still in Crue, Gilby has his band and I thought I read somewhere that Jason is still connected to Flotsom. Maybe I am wrong but individually these guys are good but together I wasn't moved.

OdinsCourt said:
I hear you. I found their originals to be bland and uninspired. You can REALLY tell that they had little to no hand in the writing in their former bands.

Also, I would think for a show on a MAJOR network, there would have been some research done on available band names. I mean, Supernova seems like such a common thing. I know there are several bands called Supernova out there just by doing a Google.

I enjoyed the show though. The guy who won (Lucas) was my LAST choice though. I thought the other 3 were WAY stronger!

Have you ever heard of Flotsam & Jetsam? And maybe even their debut record "Doomsday for the Deceiver"? Jason Newstead wrote that record and then left the band for Shitallica afterwards to replace Cliff Burton. Gilby wrote NOTHING with GnR, Tommy thankfully wrote little in Motley Cure becasue what he did write sucked donkey balls for the most part.

mloanna said:
uh, o.k...Personal I see that there was no need for a second Rockstar. The first one had a reason, INXS needed a singer. Supernova or Rockstar Supernova will not even be a real band after this tour. Tommy is still in Crue, Gilby has his band and I thought I read somewhere that Jason is still connected to Flotsom. Maybe I am wrong but individually these guys are good but together I wasn't moved.
Jason is presently in VoiVod.

Pyramaze51 said:
I agree totally with you Matt, in my opinion Magni was the best and should have won hands down. I think this was just something for Tommy lee to get his name back on TV. I know he was disappointed he wasn't chosen for Damocracy, but you got to remember those musicians were Icons not has beens or wanna be's, well at least 4 out 5 were Icons.
I will assume you are talking about the Biohazzard dude as the one who is not an icon. :puke:

VenomGA said:
I will assume you are talking about the Biohazzard dude as the one who is not an icon. :puke:
well if we want to really get down to it there was really only one true Icon in the band(Nugent) and two almost Icons(Scott Ian, and Jason Bonham) the other two welll:puke: :puke:

Pyramaze51 said:
well if we want to really get down to it there was really only one true Icon in the band(Nugent) and two almost Icons(Scott Ian, and Jason Bonham) the other two welll:puke: :puke:

I agree with you. The Nuge is the only one I'd consider an icon, eventhough I really like Sebastian, Scott, and Jason. As for the Biohazard guy, I don't even know what his name is if that's any idea of how I view him! :lol:

Pyramaze51 said:
Yeah, that show was great - Ted is hilarious. And Sab is funny too. And yes, all were icons but Evan (I wasn't sure why they picked him, but he was good for a laugh sometimes).

VenomGA said:
Have you ever heard of Flotsam & Jetsam? And maybe even their debut record "Doomsday for the Deceiver"? Jason Newstead wrote that record and then left the band for Shitallica afterwards to replace Cliff Burton. Gilby wrote NOTHING with GnR, Tommy thankfully wrote little in Motley Cure becasue what he did write sucked donkey balls for the most part.
Yep, remember them. I thought they were okay, but never any stellar song writing IMO. I was referring more to the bands that made them famous (Metallica, GNR, and Motley Crue). They didn't write much for a reason methinks...