Rush

Glenn should get RUSH for the Saturday night headliner... not only would they hold the crowd, but I expect that CenterStage would actually stretch at the seams by the time they went on. ;)

Now if only it wouldn't take all 1200 attendees to become a $1000 sponsor to get them there... :lol:

Yeah, I know. I was just kidding, I definitely prefer earlier Rush to the synth era. I must say I like a lot of their 90s music as much as their earliest music. I really do enjoy all of it though. :worship:

I would have agree with you back when albums like Grace Under Pressure and power Windows came out but those albums really grew on me...to the point now that the material from 82-89 is my favorite. I still love listening to the old stuff like Working Man and 2112 but really love how the band evolved through their phases.

As you might guess from my nickname, I am a Rush fanboy. I enjoy all of their albums from all of the eras. I'm currently reading Nei'ls latest book, Roadshow, which has been a good read. I've seen them 11 times and can't wait to see them again.

"Roadshow" is excellent, though I think "Ghost Rider" is still my favorite of his...

I'm very happy to hear this. Yes, hardcore Rush fan here! I didn't mind the early-mid eighties Rush (found it to be full of synths and things that I like). TFE was not a favorite of mine, Vapor Trails I could respect being that we all knew what Neil had been through.

Looking forward to hearing the return to their early sound and hey man, new albums always mean:

NEW TOUR!!!!!!

Wow looking forward to this. I was just watching my Rush Videos this week...

I loved everything through P/G and Power Windows... And then Counterparts... and only bits off the others...

I hope this is SOLID!! Because Rush Rule!

I loved everything through P/G and Power Windows... And then Counterparts... and only bits off the others...

That pretty much describes my Rush tastes as well, although I'm not all that fond of the self-titled album. It was, after all, pre-Neil. :D

My problem with Vapour Trails was that it was well-nigh unlistenable -- the recording levels were pumped up so high there is no 'headroom' in the signal. :mad:

I've seen them on every tour since Signals, and twice on the Counterparts tour (the infamous TNMS meet-up at the Pensacola show, first show on that tour). Always great shows, of course! :kickass:

That pretty much describes my Rush tastes as well, although I'm not all that fond of the self-titled album. It was, after all, pre-Neil. :D

My problem with Vapour Trails was that it was well-nigh unlistenable -- the recording levels were pumped up so high there is no 'headroom' in the signal. :mad:

I've seen them on every tour since Signals, and twice on the Counterparts tour (the infamous TNMS meet-up at the Pensacola show, first show on that tour). Always great shows, of course! :kickass:

Sure. Neil's drumming wasn't there.

But the quality of these songs. The structures, the leads, the innovativeness.. I mean there isn't a bad song on here.

1. "Finding My Way" – 5:06
2. "Need Some Love" – 2:19
3. "Take a Friend" – 4:24
4. "Here Again" – 7:35
5. "What You're Doing" – 4:22
6. "In the Mood" – 3:34
7. "Before and After" – 5:34
8. "Working Man" – 7:10

Thanks. Roadshow is the first book of his that I've picked up. I'll probably get Ghost Rider next.

Ghost Rider is excelent! I read last year.. Great book... I've become a greater rush fan after reading the book.. I loved Neil's sense of humor, even with all the tragedy :(

I am reading Roadshow at the moment... Neil pretty much stated that Florida is the worst state in the whole country.. lol He really hates South Florida lol

Great band and news (if it actually sounds like that.)

Although anything would be a step up from that shitty, Alt-Rock saturated "Vapor Trails". I couldn't believe how bad that was.

Still one of the greatest live shows ever though.

And I even manage to headbang 1-2 times when I am there as well!

Man.. I TOTALLY disagree! Vapor Trails is my FAVORITE Rush CD.. I love it! :)
I love "alt-rock" though.