Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape 2010, and brand new video!

AndreasBlomqvist

Mr. Bassman
Apr 19, 2008
www.seventhwonder.nu
The Great Escape
-that is the title of the fourth Seventh Wonder album, to be released later this year through Lion Music

Here is the cover:
sw_the_great_escape_cover.jpg

Cover art and concept by Johan Larsson (http://johanart.se/)

The tracklist will be as follows:
  1. Wiseman - [5:42]
  2. Alley Cat - [6:06]
  3. The Angelmaker - [8:29]
  4. King of Whitewater - [7:20]
  5. Long way home - [4:26]
  6. Move on Through - [5:04]
  7. The Great Escape - [30:14]
total running time approx. 68 minutes

The first whole song that is released from The Great Escape is 'Alley Cat'.
Here is the official music video for Alley Cat:

This video was recorded, edited and produced by Johan Larsson

Last edited by a moderator:
Magnificent!! :headbang::headbang:

The cover looks cool; a spider with a red-shaped hourglass. I'm sure that the lyrics to 'The Great Escape' will clarify the cover and its theme.
'Alley Cat' is simply wonderful. Briliant melodies/chorus and stellar musicianship. Johan's and Kyrt's solos are awesome!
The song 'The Great Escape'; 30 minutes!! I guess 'The long one' was pretty appropriate. This will be a monster of a song!

We have to wait a little while but I'm convinced it'll all be worth it.

Totally awsome guys! Heard the song first time in late of may, when it still was in progress, but I feel the same magic as I felt then. Kick-ass tune from fort-coming kick-ass record! :headbang:

In this point I have to tell at least all the finnish SW-listeners: wait up some of later issues of Inferno magazine. There going to be a full story about the band and new album, including behind the scenes - kind of stuff from studio Wonderland. Stay tuned!

This is going to be amazing. "Alley Cat" has the kind of mindfuckingly awesome chorus that only Seventh Wonder can write.

Actually, it would be really cool if the whole lyric of the song could be posted here, because I'm really really curious, especially about the chorus ("Oh baby let me stay your alley cat, you're my... what?). But I understand if you don't want to do that, just... IF you do. It would be appreciated. You know. :D

Andreas, I don't know if you'd like to share this information at the moment but I have a question about the song 'The Great Escape'; will this be one huge song or will the song be divided into a few seperate playable parts?

Are you referring to how it will be mastered?
That is, if there will be 7 tracks or more on the CD, or do you mean more like the actual songwriting?

If I understand correctly, he means if the song's going to be divided up into several tracks on the CD or if it's going to be one big song.
I'm guessing that with a song that large, it's going to be divided into seperate parts songwriting-wise, telling a story.

If I understand correctly, he means if the song's going to be divided up into several tracks on the CD or if it's going to be one big song....

That's what I meant indeed.
The song 'Octavarium' (by DT) is one huge piece/one track - 24 minutes, no skipping within the song possible - , 'The Oswold File' (by Mob Rules) is in fact an 18-minute-song about the Kennedy assassination but contains chapters/parts that can be played seperatly.

Great song and nice video!!! So excited about the new album now!!

About Alley Cat's lyrics, what the hell Tommy is singing between 1.16-1.18 on that video? Just cant understand it or is there something wrong about my hearing? :)

I hear, "Seek each other in the ghost of Elvis" - but I could have terribly misheard it haha! Can't wait to get a copy of the album and read through all the lyrics properly :)

That's what I meant indeed.
The song 'Octavarium' (by DT) is one huge piece/one track - 24 minutes, no skipping within the song possible - , 'The Oswold File' (by Mob Rules) is in fact an 18-minute-song about the Kennedy assassination but contains chapters/parts that can be played seperatly.

Based solely on the tracklist Andreas posted, I'd guess it'll be one whole track, Octavarium style.