Seventh Wonder; video from new single and album information

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
Big news from Seventh Wonder (taken from their forum):

"The Great Escape
-that is the title of the fourth Seventh Wonder album, to be released later this year through Lion Music"

The tracklist will be as follows:
1.Wiseman - [5:42]
2.Alley Cat - [6:06]
3.The Angelmaker - [8:29]
4.King of Whitewater - [7:20]
5.Long way home - [4:26]
6.Move on Through - [5:04]
7.The Great Escape - [30:14]
total running time approx. 68 minutes

The first whole song that is released from The Great Escape is 'Alley Cat'.
Here is the official music video for Alley Cat:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRDa-xTfwg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRDa-xTfwg[/ame]

This video was recorded, edited and produced by Johan Larsson

Great song, big chorus. Great video. I prefer this style of video in which the cameras focus on the instruments and the players playing them as opposed to say... the latest KAMELOT video which actually distracts me from the music. A video should help add to the sonic portion, not distract from it.

Seventh Wonder (much like Circus Maximus) have achieved the ultimate recipe for writing melodic prog metal songs in my opinion. The technicality and musicianship is superb, the vocals are godly (you can't get much better than Mike and Tommy) and the hooks and melodies are just unreal. This song is great, as I expect their next album to be. I am upset I will miss them playing at ProgPower, but I have a feeling they will be back.

Very high quality. Impressively well executed. Awesome lead play. Great production. However, the songwriting just isn't my cup of tea.

This is one of my favorite bands. Having said that, none of their music has ever been instant gratification for me. It's odd, the elements are everything I look for in my music but the songs don't usually grab me at first spin. But with every spin it sticks its hooks in me deeper and deeper until I can't take the cd out of the player. I have high hopes for this release. I can't believe I may miss them next Friday.

Seventh Wonder (much like Circus Maximus) have achieved the ultimate recipe for writing melodic prog metal songs in my opinion. The technicality and musicianship is superb, the vocals are godly (you can't get much better than Mike and Tommy) and the hooks and melodies are just unreal. This song is great, as I expect their next album to be. I am upset I will miss them playing at ProgPower, but I have a feeling they will be back.

THIS!

A lot of solid posts in this thread. Really looking forward to this song and these guys. The Saturday show should be something special.

One of my favorite bands as well - can't wait to see them in just 5 days. As someone else mentioned, it was the same for me with Mercy Falls - it took repeated listens to really get into the songs and I love them now. With WITW, I instantly loved them through. Looking forward to the new album!