Circus Maximus vs Seventh Wonder

Tears Fear and Pain

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2010
I am just curious which will be the best album. The Great Escape by Seventh Wonder or the new album from Circus Maximus that is currently being recorded in the studio.

Thoughts......Comments.........

How about a US Tour with both bands headlining? Bring 'em both back to Prog Power I say.......

Lets decide this question at ProgPower 12. Tuesday night. Seventh Wonder and Circus Maximus both play every song in their catalog, and then play their own rearranged versions of each others songs.

The rest of the fest is then canceled because the bands do not want to follow what just happened.

Lets decide this question at ProgPower 12. Tuesday night. Seventh Wonder and Circus Maximus both play every song in their catalog, and then play their own rearranged versions of each others songs.

The rest of the fest is then canceled because the bands do not want to follow what just happened.

Can I purchase my VIP Badge now......

Hearts in my eyes. :oops:

I'm gonna have to go with Circus Maximus on this one. Where I really do enjoy Seventh Wonders albums, Circus Maximus is just plain old godly.

I'm gonna have to go with Circus Maximus on this one. Where I really do enjoy Seventh Wonders albums, Circus Maximus is just plain old godly.

I'm going to have to take the opposite position. While I enjoy CM every time I listen to them, the melody lines that SW comes up with are more memorable. Regardless, I'd give my left kidney to see the two of them as co-headliners.

Although these are arguably the two best melodic progressive metal bands out there, there can only be one winner....

And that winner would be Circus Maximus.

Although these are arguably the two best melodic progressive metal bands out there, there can only be one winner....

And that winner would be Circus Maximus.

I'm with you on that. I feel that Circus Maximus doesn't have a recorded misstep. There is no song of theirs that isn't awesome. There are some less than stellar Seventh Wonder songs.

CM = If I wanted to listen to Dream Theater or Symphony X, I would listen to the real thing.

SW = Nothing new, but not an almost direct derivative. Plus, great delivery and I really like the vocalist's style.

Seventh Wonder takes home the gold. ;)

This is tough. I think I still give it to Circus Maximus based on the strength of the first album and the maturity of the second. I await their third to see if they stay strong.

Seventh Wonder still rules. I'd like to see another electric performance with louder vocals, as their vocalist is my favorite part of the band.

CM = If I wanted to listen to Dream Theater or Symphony X, I would listen to the real thing.

No offense, but if you think that Circus Maximus is a copy of SX and Dream Theater, then you need to either re-listen to their second album, Isolate, or look for professional help. :lol: :)

I am just curious which will be the best album. The Great Escape by Seventh Wonder or the new album from Circus Maximus that is currently being recorded in the studio.
Are we really having a conversation, comparing music that hasn't been released? Aren't we really asking, which band do you like better?

How about a US Tour with both bands headlining? Bring 'em both back to Prog Power I say.......
You'd have 40 people in attendance on most nights.

No offense, but if you think that Circus Maximus is a copy of SX and Dream Theater, then you need to either re-listen to their second album, Isolate, or look for professional help.
I have to agree with Milt. Symphony X and Circus Maximus sound nothing alike. And while there are some musical similarities between CM and DT, those similarities are largely superficial.

Easy answer: Neither.

Circus Maximus may have made Isolate vaguely interesting, and Seventh Wonder's Mercy whatever was good. But The new 7th Wonder album is just useless. There's NO GOOD REASON whatesoever for a 30 minute title track by an AOR band. They bring nothing to the table.

Circus Maximus may have made Isolate vaguely interesting, and Seventh Wonder's Mercy whatever was good. But The new 7th Wonder album is just useless. There's NO GOOD REASON whatesoever for a 30 minute title track by an AOR band. They bring nothing to the table.

No really Ben, tell us how you feel ...

;)

... Seventh Wonder's Mercy whatever was good. But The new 7th Wonder album is just useless. There's NO GOOD REASON whatesoever for a 30 minute title track by an AOR band. They bring nothing to the table.
Seventh Wonder is a quality act, who I just don't care for. Their melodies are just a little too Pop-oriented for me.

CM And SW both bring alot to the table, good songwriting, great musicanship, and very powerful vocals. And they are just both flat ass awesome live.