SHAMAN out, EVIL INVADERS in for PP USA XXII

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From PPUSA Facebook page back on January 11th, promoter Glenn states:

"Over the past 24 hours, all members of Shaman have issued public statements regarding the end of the band. Furthermore, the bassist has already announced his immediate departure. Despite the willingness of some members to fulfill their remaining contractual obligations, there are strict U.S. visa requirements for all band members they now cannot meet. As a result, I have no choice but to remove Shaman from the roster. A replacement will be announced as soon as possible. - Glenn"​

On January 12th, promoter Glenn states:

"I would like to welcome Belgium's Evil Invaders to our roster this year. They will bring their brand of extreme power/thrash to Atlanta on September 9th. This is a U.S. exclusive performance.
-Glenn"​

Last edited:
Shaman announces end after drummer gives statements in favor of extremists

The Brazilian rock band Shaman comes to an end. The announcement was made by Hugo Mariutti, guitarist of the group. Previously, the bassist, Luis Mariutti, had published a video in which he communicated his departure from the band.

The partnership comes to an end after the drummer, Ricardo Confessori, took a stand in defense of the extremist Bolsonarists who attacked the Praça dos Três Poderes, in Brasília, last Sunday (8).

Hugo Mariutti published a statement on his Instagram page in which he informed that the band was coming to an end, but that the schedules that had already been announced would be fulfilled.

“The Shaman is ending its activities. Commitments will be maintained, but, unfortunately, the cycles end. I thank all the fans for their affection.”

Earlier, Luis Mariutti said he was leaving Shaman after 30 years. “Today’s episode of Ricardo served to alert me to a lot of things, because very serious things were said and things that nowadays do not fit anymore”, he said. “This episode made me realize that I’m feeling very out of Shaman.”

On January 1, when Lula took office, Ricardo Confessori shared a tweet in which comedian Danilo Gentili hinted that he would be the target of criticism from that date on. He said that, with the arrival of the new government, it would be forbidden to criticize the president and the first lady at the risk of being branded as “macho”.

Content like this is commonplace on the drummer’s profile, which is why he has been criticized by fans several times.

After the discussion won the social networks, the drummer made a video in which he took a position on the issue. In the images, he sought to distinguish his way of thinking from the values carried by the band.

“I would like to make some things very clear here. You who ended up seeing some heated discussions here, for some political posts, I wanted to make it very clear that the positions and opinions expressed here on my channel, on the Ricardo Confessori channel, are exclusively mine” , he stated.

“They don’t expand to companies, groups, schools or any other type of group I’m a part of.”

Last edited:
From Shaman Instagram:

Shaman: Official disbanding note

After more than 20 years of SHAMAN, we have taken the decision to disband the band. Each one felt that it was time to give opportunity for new things. In addition, we just want to thank all the affection and love from each person spread around the world.

The band will fulfill the dates they already had on the agenda after entering an indefinite hiatus. If you want to know the positioning of each musician, just check the social networks of each one of them.

Alirio Netto@alirio_netto

Hugo Mariutti@hugomariutti

Louis Mariutti@luismariuttioficial

Ricardo Confessors@ricardoconfessori

Fabio Ribeiro@fabioribeirokb

Listen to our music and watch our videos, the story this band built will never end.