Showcase Tickets

Shark83

New Metal Member
Aug 8, 2003
Visit site
So apparently refunds for the showcase tickets are out of the question. I will refrain from saying what I think about this. But I have two tickets and I was meeting a friend there who has one more ticket. We were going to see Vanden Plas and obviously don't need the tickets anymore. If anyone needs 3 tickets and would be kind enough to take them off our hands it would be appreciated.

Once again, you may not agree with me or care for my explanation. However, I do feel you are at least owed one. Shane follows the same policy I do (as do all festival promoters). Your ticket buys you admission to the festival/showcase. Roster is always subject to change. If this was officially billed as a Vanden Plas show with opening bands (such as a tour stop), then you would be entitled to a refund under not only Ticketmaster policy, but law as well.

That said, I will allow your post even though your losses and burden is no different than anyone else and far less than Shane or myself. However, I will delete any further posts with tickets for sale. Once again, that is not personal. It has been my policy for the past seven years to not allow ticket re-sales on this forum unless the event is sold-out.

Now, I will ask a second time that you not return to the forum if you have nothing but negative things to post.

As an aside, if Vanden Plas is written on the ticket, you can get a full refund from ticketmaster. If they're not, you're pretty much SOL. I know this because I was able to return for a refund a ticket to a show where Andrew WK was set to open and he couldn't make it. He was printed on the ticket.

Actuallly and just for the record, when I bought my ticket for the showcase from Ticket#$%^, they offered me an insurance (can't recall how much extra) in case I couldn't attend. Will be useful for people in the future to look for such offers.

So apparently refunds for the showcase tickets are out of the question. I will refrain from saying what I think about this.
Sounds to me like you didn't actually refrain. I'd say this comment expresses how you feel about the refund policy quite clearly.

The way I see it, Glenn and Shane put their time, mental health and money on the line to make this festival happen. You put $38 on the line and want a guarantee for an opening act. And not just an opening act, but an opening act that has twice failed to show. Seems a bit unfair.

Although I love Vanden Plas and have little interest in Enchant, I think Shane's pick was a strong one, and a pick that was true to the bill he originally set forth.

Zod

Sounds to me like you didn't actually refrain. I'd say this comment expresses how you feel about the refund policy quite clearly.

The way I see it, Glenn and Shane put their time, mental health and money on the line to make this festival happen. You put $38 on the line and want a guarantee for an opening act. And not just an opening act, but an opening act that has twice failed to show. Seems a bit unfair.

Although I love Vanden Plas and have little interest in Enchant, I think Shane's pick was a strong one, and a pick that was true to the bill he originally set forth.

Zod

Amen,King Zod!!!!!!!!!

So apparently refunds for the showcase tickets are out of the question. I will refrain from saying what I think about this. But I have two tickets and I was meeting a friend there who has one more ticket. We were going to see Vanden Plas and obviously don't need the tickets anymore. If anyone needs 3 tickets and would be kind enough to take them off our hands it would be appreciated.

You're still here?

Printed right on the ticket.

"Holder assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event which this ticket was issued" and so on and so forth....

You think your the only one bummed? Please. Vanden Plas has been one of my favorite bands for many moons now and I still haven't had a chance to see them live. I think your seriously missing out on a great show still, Futures End, Suspyre, Enchant and Primal Fear? You are kidding right?

If you havent heard any of those bands, maybe you should before you make a rash judgement.

Bear

I would pay DOUBLE just to see Primal Fear and not even get the rest of the bands.I can't believe there are people that complain when the rules of "the game" are printed right on the very item they are complaining about.It's folks like this that cause Mcdonald's to actually have to label coffee as being hot just in case someone was expecting it cold..........

Printed right on the ticket.

"Holder assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event which this ticket was issued" and so on and so forth....

You think your the only one bummed? Please. Vanden Plas has been one of my favorite bands for many moons now and I still haven't had a chance to see them live. I think your seriously missing out on a great show still, Futures End, Suspyre, Enchant and Primal Fear? You are kidding right?

If you havent heard any of those bands, maybe you should before you make a rash judgement.

Bear

^^^
This :)

Hrmph. I still need a Showcase ticket. Anyone have the sale link? I'm too lazy to find the damned thing. :D

What's the deal with tickets for the Wednesday gig?

Hey, I'm eating a ticket to Progressive Nation at Merriweather Post because of the cancellations. I'm trying to sell it, but not much out there.

But, I'm not going to throw a fit because the situation is out of the hands of the people running the show.

Shark83 needs to learn to deal with life's disappointments better or he is going to end up as an old, bitter man. Life is not fair and there are disappointments around every turn, you either deal with them and move on, or you become bitter, and angry, and it effects everything you do. This is the second time he has bitched about this subject, and I for One am really tired of it. I think Glenn and Shane have offered more than enought explanation of what happened, and handled it like the true professionals they both are. And for someone to come into Glenn's house and to keep bitching in different ways about the subject is uncalled for.

Hmmm...let's see. The last half of January, all of February, March, April, May, and early June I was down to working four days a week. Struggling to come up with the fifth day money because I made $9 too much to be able to collect a one day partial. And there are others here in the forum and elsewhere who lost jobs completely. I have a six year old daughter who needed $1,200 to be able to go to summer camp at the YMCA while school is out because we both HAVE to work full time. My father was diagnosed with skin cancer June 3rd which was the same day my daughter had to have her tonsils removed. Plus, more than $500 in car repairs the last two months that for some reason the Chrysler extended warranty we purchased which is bumper to bumper will not cover. Yet, this guy will piss and moan to no end about $38 fucking tickets. I wish I only had that dilemma.

As it has been mentioned before in other words, this festival is much less about one single band performing than it is about a community of people and a bunch of great bands. There has not been a Prog Power I have attended without totally getting into a new band. I would suggest you take it easy, make the trip, meet some of the FUCKING AWESOME people that attend this festival every year, and see what the whole thing is about. It may change your attitude for the better.