So, how is the Pre-party

DarkOne

Black Belt in Sarcasm
May 2, 2002
Philadelphia
Visit site
For the last two PPs, I've come down Friday morning. This year, I got a gold badge (woo-hoo), and am thinking of making it down for the Pre-party. I know it isn't an "official" progpower event.

I'm looking for some replies about how it has been. Crowded? Do the PP bands usually show up? Worthwhile for me to stay an extra night in Atlanta?

Also, is the new venue anywhere close to Earthlink? (I'm at the Fairfield, and was thinking of foregoing the usual car rental to save money).

Thanks

Steve

The pre-party was excelent last year. It wasn't too crowded, quite a few bands showed up and DEFINATELY worth staying an extra night in Atlanta for.

I think I heard the new venue was even closer to Earthlink than the Riviera. The Riviera was a little ways... but definately within walking distance.

You should try to make the pre-party. I consider ProgPower a 3 night show. It's that good!

My first year at PP so I will 'kin defo be @ the pre-parteee :hotjump:

Well, that's the cool part. I usually get up really early Friday to catch a flight to Atlanta that lands around 1 pm. If I went Thurs., I could stay out, sleep in Fri, and actually be awake Fri night!

Steve

Hey there - I'm the guitarist for Halcyon Way, and we'll be playing the Pre-Party on 9/16. Can't wait to see you guys there, try to come check us out. We're the first Atlanta band to be invited to the festival to play as far as we know, so we're excited and honored by the opportunity. Later!

Jon Bodan
Halcyon Way
www.halcyonway.com

The pre-party is kick-ass !! Prog Power is more than ten bands playing some music. It is a gathering of particular metal-heads from all over the country (and some from around the world) coming together to see and hear the elite music and bands we all enjoy. I feel like I am in my element at this show. I count the days to every Prog Power coming up...... well it's not that bad, but I do enjoy the comraderie from those with similar tastes as I.

Bryant

It depends on what you are looking for. I went to the party at pp3 but chose to sleep instead of go tot the one for pp4. its kinda neat when teh bands are there. But its fairly expensive IMO and there are so many people trying to talk tot he bands you cant really talk. Plus with the loud music you need to scream anyway. i would say go once at least. You may love it , you may hate it.

The pre-party is a time to let loose, meet other progpower attendees in a more intamate atmosphere as well as see some up and coming bands that are either unsigned, or newly signed but not yet well known, and it get's better year after year thanks to Shane. :worship:

Of course, some of the main bands playing the festival that show up in town early *sometimes* come to the party and hang out... which is usually an added bonus.

last years was amazing... of course I'm biased to it for some reason.... :D

\m/
Dustin

I love the pre party....it is a great chance to meet other PP goers and i have seen some great bands there in the past few years. I think it is totally worth an extra night here.

the pre-party is an awesome time.

great time to hook-up with friends, throw down a few and enjoy some quality bands. i can't think of one band that has not been quality... then again, it's a matter of taste from one individual to the next.

the pre-party is a must attend imo. too much fun and too much alcohol. doesn't amke load-in easy on friday, but we survive it somehow.:headbang:

Zilla

I've made it to all the preshow parties except PPUSA1, I got there the day after.

Every year its been fun. Not all the bands are there but its a good showcase for some great bands and last year this one blonde bartender was smoking hot. :)

Ed