So I wore my Sonata shirt to TSO and...

txprog

Feb 22, 2006
Took the entire family - wife and five kids - to TSO the other night in Dallas. Our 6th time I think. It's a family tradition. Anyhow, I had my Sonata Arctica shirt on, one I ordered from the web site, neat graphic with that Nordic mystical guy, wolves and the ship on the front, Finnish 2004 dates on the back. We were standing in line to get something to drink before the show, and in front of us was a family, man and woman - late 30's maybe - and their kids - about 10 and 12. The girl, the older one, was staring at me, or rather my shirt. She got her parents' attention and when they saw my shirt they lit up. "Have you seen them," the woman asked. "In Fort Worth," I told her. "Not many people know them," she said. Turns out they're big fans. I told them about the new record, tour, and ProgPower. I hope they get to see them the next time around.

After the show, on the way out, a guy saw my shirt and told me he was goin' to Prog Power. We told him we'd be there too and would see him then.

As for TSO? Not much to say. They got it down and never disappoint.

See, it's times like these, when we need to have Power Metal Business Cards. If a conversation ever pops up about our love for this elite guild of metal, you just hand over a card with your info, the ProgPower USA logo, and BAM! Instant powermetalhead unity.

Hmmm, good idea!

Blind Guardian Visa, earn bard points with your purchases and earn a trip to Wacken. Ok I better stop, I'm making myself giddy.

Wow, you saw Sonata in Ft. Worth too? That was the best show I had ever seen...they didn't need a super light system or pyro to make an awesome gig...it'll be interesting to see if they try and pull some surprises at ProgPower this year. Cmon CHOIR!

Took the entire family - wife and five kids - to TSO the other night in Dallas. Our 6th time I think. It's a family tradition. Anyhow, I had my Sonata Arctica shirt on, one I ordered from the web site, neat graphic with that Nordic mystical guy, wolves and the ship on the front, Finnish 2004 dates on the back. We were standing in line to get something to drink before the show, and in front of us was a family, man and woman - late 30's maybe - and their kids - about 10 and 12. The girl, the older one, was staring at me, or rather my shirt. She got her parents' attention and when they saw my shirt they lit up. "Have you seen them," the woman asked. "In Fort Worth," I told her. "Not many people know them," she said. Turns out they're big fans. I told them about the new record, tour, and ProgPower. I hope they get to see them the next time around.

After the show, on the way out, a guy saw my shirt and told me he was goin' to Prog Power. We told him we'd be there too and would see him then.

As for TSO? Not much to say. They got it down and never disappoint.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! That was ME you saw later!! I had on a Savatage (what else??) Legion shirt. That's cool. I ran into another PP dude at the meet 'n greet.

BTW, I thought TSO kicked MAJOR ass in Layla!!

Chris :headbang:

See, it's times like these, when we need to have Power Metal Business Cards. If a conversation ever pops up about our love for this elite guild of metal, you just hand over a card with your info, the ProgPower USA logo, and BAM! Instant powermetalhead unity.

My buddy Frank has Manowar business cards made up to hand out to people he meets at shows :) His "title" under hisname is "True Metal Warrior" - I haev thought about doing this as well - as it would make giving your contact info to people you meet at shows or events like Progpower much easier, and less likely to get lost than a scribbled email addy on a sticky note.

Can't use the PP logo - but you can always write something one the back like : check me out at the progpower forum and at the event in Atlanta - with the dates or something.

jeff

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! That was ME you saw later!! I had on a Savatage (what else??) Legion shirt. That's cool. I ran into another PP dude at the meet 'n greet.

And that was me you ran into at the meet & greet! I missed the guy in the Sonata shirt though. Hopefully we'll meet up at another show. As always, TSO was spectacular!:worship:

lordicred.jpg

Hey, great to see you. You were sitting just across the aisle from us. Indeed TSO was great. We're considering driving to Austin on Friday to see them again.

See you at ProgPower if not before at another show.

And that was me you ran into at the meet & greet! I missed the guy in the Sonata shirt though. Hopefully we'll meet up at another show. As always, TSO was spectacular!:worship:

I'm the guy in the Sonata shirt. Were you at Blind Guardian in Houston? If so, we should have hooked up. I had my 13 year old son with me. He's quite the power metal fan. Long drive back to Dallas in the fog. Got home at 4:45AM. No matter. Well worth it. I don't think my son made it to school that day.....

OR just lazy, so I'm latching onto this one.
Just saw TSO for the first time tonight. Can't believe I've waited so long, since I love the music and have several cd's. The show blew me AWAY! The whole first part of The Lost Christmas Eve, was so engaging and emotional. The music was phenomenal, the light show intense, the whole atmosphere mesmerizing.
Chris is a true showman and kept the audience totally involved throughout the entire performance.
The more "metal" second half just blew me and my buds away. The intensity and skill of the musicianship and vocalists was incredible. I've been avoiding "arena" shows for a couple of years now, but the lights and pyros of this show made sitting with 20 or so thousand others well worth it.
Special treat for the Jersey crowd was a guest appearance by Greg Lake of ELP. Chris said it was the a unique to this show, but hopefully not for others who might enjoy it. It was great fun seeing him do "Welcome Back My Friends..."
Also Chris and Al did a unique stunt, climbing on a platform in the middle of the floor which rose like 30 or more feet in the air while they did a reprisal of Sarejevo. What a great night!