So Ken...what's new with you? Everyone wants to know...

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
Glad you asked!

Amazing that its 11 days since I had my surgery. Everything went well. I was given a nerve block on my leg which lasted for 24 hours and really nullified most of the pain. Some choice use of percocet the next day kept things under control - pain was never excessive. (John - Benefiber did the trick).

According to my surgeon, the tendons ruptured clean off the kneecap. :puke: Apparently this is a good thing giving the surgery and healing a higher success rate. What I had expected to be an arthroscopic procedure turned out to be much more invasive. Refreshing the bandages Lauren and I discovered a serious 6 inch long incision held together by 28 (count 'em 28) staples. :erk: It is healing quite nicely but the staples are making me nuts - they come out on Monday and that day can't come soon enough. The man who invented this leg brace must have invented the iron maiden as well.

3 weeks after surgery I start rehab. In the meantime I'm stuck in a leg brace and crutches are my friends. "Serious" work has been difficult since its painful to sit at my desk. You may notice that some of the descriptions of the new titles added to the site have either been sparse, non-existent, or copy and paste jobs. That's because I'm working off a very nice new Macpro laptop but its still a laptop and not conducive to doing any serious listening. When motivated I've written more elaborate reviews but it hasn't been often as creativity as at a minimum at the moment. I definitely owe a great new band like Athem a well thought out write up. I need to do a serious update to our label site to reflect the addition to our roster (and upcoming releases) from Leprous and The Aurora Project - two bands I'm extremely excited about with albums coming out on May 5th. Oh yeah...May 19th we'll have the new Spheric Universe Experience album out that lives up to its name: "Unreal". June 2nd brings us the new Morglbl album called "Jazz For The Deaf". I may be physically impaired but its not like time is standing still.

My cronies have convinced me that I will be far enough along rehab that I will be able to attend/vend at Rosfest although I expect my participation will consist of me sitting on my ass and collecting money. That's OK too cuz that's all they are getting out of me. If you come by to say hello don't be insulted if I don't stand up. Nearfest is so far away that I expect to be doing cartwheels by then...or at least not walking with crutches.

Believe it or not some good stuff did happen over the past few weeks. We signed off on our agreement to switch distribution to Ryko which I think will give us greater exposure. Now Jim is taking time out from filling orders to move inventory so its an ongoing process. We also closed the deal on two signings that will rock the universe of many. To be honest I'm kind of freaked out about these signings as they are bands I'm madly in love with. Those will be announced pretty soon - in the meantime I'll leave everyone guessing.

If you have read this far many thanks. Most of this doesn't affect you but it made me feel better to memorialize this experience in some fashion and at the moment that's about all I got. Better days are ahead.

Ken Golden

Great news Ken, Im glad your doing fine ,Keep the faith, now you can check on the new I.Q. cd coming out on 5/19 I think...:):lol:

I've been trying to get Lowell to sponser selling tickets for,
well you don't even want to know
just watch out for the chemicals, and enjoy some natural fiber when you can

or eat the russett potatoe skins

enjoy your time off
feed your head, but remember to enjoy the silence, too

you don't get enough of that these days.............
none of us do

mw

Nice to hear that you are doing good. Damn, 28 staples? WTF. Office Depot anyone?

Be prepared for the cold weather Ken. Once you have surgery, any cold weather will make your knee hurt. At least that's my case and my sister's as well.

ho Ken I know what your talking about. I had the same problem: left knee in 2005.... and right knee in 2007 ( kill me please).... no fucking luck I don't know how many hour I spend in my bed listening music with lyric, it was the only thing I could do.

I'm anxious about the 2 futur release.