So what cool shirts did you spot at the fest?

Paul, a few corrections for you:

Lykathea Aflame - that's the real spelling, and for anyone that likes well-done, technical death metal with melody thrown in as well, GREAT BAND.

And Justin (aka mosquito) was wearing an Immortal shirt (Pure Holocaust), not Mayhem, but it was very much coveted by Ripper who creamed himself when he saw it. :lol:

I also noticed the Cirith Ungol shirt and thought it was awesome.

The same kid who was wearing the Kiss Asylum shirt wore a Sanctuary shirt the day before...KICK ASS. He said it's an original that his dad let him have (gee, thanks Dad!).

I saw a Moonsorrow shirt that reminded me of how much I want one for myself!

J-Dub wearing a Freak Kitchen shirt made me really want one...FK not having any shirts to sell was sad (but understandable, as they used the stage as a venue to advertise their new webstore).

And many more shirts that I can't remember right now......

Pellaz said:
Not all that extreme, but I wore a CoF shirt on Thursday, a Behemoth shirt on Saturday and a Dimmu shirt on Sunday, as promised.

Heh, that means that I somehow did not even once see you the entire weekend because I didn't see any of those shirts. Weird in a relatively small place.

My favorite shirt from PPV in 2004 was the crossed out "Metalcore/nu-metal" shirt some dude was wearing.

Palabra de Dios said:
Paul, a few corrections for you:

Lykathea Aflame - that's the real spelling, and for anyone that likes well-done, technical death metal with melody thrown in as well, GREAT BAND.

Concur, from the tracks you played in the hotel room!

And Justin (aka mosquito) was wearing an Immortal shirt (Pure Holocaust), not Mayhem, but it was very much coveted by Ripper who creamed himself when he saw it. :lol:

Thanks...as soon as I typed it I thought "Errr, wait..." Couldn't remember who it was for sure. I've just gotten firmly into Immortal, so I kinda coveted it, too.

I saw a Moonsorrow shirt that reminded me of how much I want one for myself!

That reminds me! Aki and I saw a Wintersun t-shirt at the airport on Monday! I don't think it was any of the Pyramazers, and didn't recognize who it was. Gee, I think it was 'one of us,' though...... :heh:

J-Dub wearing a Freak Kitchen shirt made me really want one...FK not having any shirts to sell was sad (but understandable, as they used the stage as a venue to advertise their new webstore).

Actually, seeing his shirt made me think they did have merch, and that it had eluded my gaze before selling out!

Palabra de Dios said:

And many more shirts that I can't remember right now......

I think there were some outside influences that prevented them from bringing merch, nothing bad, just a bummer. They'd have made a killing with merch sales.... I know that they've acquired a bunch of stock, and will be cracking the seal on the web store PROBABLY by the end of the month.....

I ordered my yellow cow shirt from their website when the V1.0 store was open, the Move shirt was acquired for me by a friend in Denmark during a tour, back when I NEVER thought they would play here (Thanks again Glenn!!)

I got some response from my Zappa "Titties & Beer" shirt, but alas, no titties, and NO beer! :)

J-Dubya

I saw some great shirts that were very unexpected...Lykathea Aflame, Necrophagist, Immortal, Falkenback, Arsis, Sanctuary, Mayhem, and Wintersun were the highlights though.

scottie2024 said:
A whole stinkin' lot of people always seem to notice my PoS - Remedy Lane tour shirt each year. Is this one rare or something? (I've wondered that for 5 years now...)
Which Remedy Lane shirt? I was wearing mine . . . Thursday, I believe. I call it the "RoboF*ck" shirt (imagine why).

I was amazed that I ran into two other folks wearing MY Where the Wild Things Are shirt! There was one of us representing that Sendak classic every blinkin' night of the fest. That was cool.

Got Metal?

Smoke Crack, worship Satan

FUCK as the FORD logo.

I saw a few Wacken open air Festival shirts. There were A LOT of bands on the back of those shirts!

:kickass:

I saw some bad ass Harley riding mofo in a Journey shirt on Saturday. Journey is as metal as you can get. Especially after that one cat did Seperate Ways at the karaoke.

hahah at least I finally found a shirt that aint gonna get spotted multiple times. As corny as it sounds I remember at PPV I brought a Falconer shirt and was like yay I know no ones gonna have this... then at the pre party the dude in front of me is wearing the same one. egad.

Pellaz said:
No leather or PVC for me, though, since the weather was much warmer than forecasted. (Their excuse: "Dry air cools down quicker, but also warms up faster." Golly. Was this discovered this year or something? :erk: )

No one warned me. But you're just not hardcore enough. :headbang: