Sonata Arctica

AngraRULES said:
Just got home from the show in NYC... They played a full setlist... not only 45 minutes, but almost 90 minutes (if not)... the setlist was the same as posted above (I believe it was the same thing)...

Teh band had sound problems in the first song, Misplaced, but afterwards they were completely flawless... PERFECT! Tony Kakko RULES live... I never thought they would be this good... I am proud to say that because of this show I like Sonata Arctica way more! And the guys in the band are awesome too, really down to earth and all....

Hope you all can catch this tour!

Yeah they were awesome, much better than I expected, but the BB King bastards almost ruined the show by leaving the lights on, thankfully they turned them off after 2 songs. Some complaints: few songs were boring, vocals were hard to hear and the bassist looked really bored.

What were they singing in the end with hava nagila music?

What did you think of Overkill?

What were they singing in the end with hava nagila music?
Something about "We want Vodka!" :)

Just got in off the road from NYC. Second all said above. We were afraid they'd do an abbreviated set because they were going on before Overkill, but they did the same set as in VA. There were sound difficulties that they tried very hard to fix for about 30 minutes before the show, (B.B. Kings always seems to spawn this shit), but they managed to iron most of them out by the second or third song.

Things got crazy after their set as the Overkill crowd clashed with the SA crowd. Nothing overt, just too many people switching gears.

We got a great interview with Henrik...THANK YOU, Neubie, a true professional. :worship: Will notify when posted.

Nice of the band to hang out on the sidewalk in front of the venue for quite some time taking mega pictures and talking with all the fans, though we never did see Marko (?) Tired guy I suspect.

Overall, great show, great time. Get ready to enjoy, all those who have tix for the next few gigs. Henrik says they will ALL be full sets. :headbang:
Henrik, I can't hear anything!

Tony, It's ok, I'll mesmorize them with my voice.

What did you think of Overkill?
Aptly named in my opinion.

BlackenedDawn said:
Just finally came back home from the first Sonata Arctica show of the US tour. I really didn't think the show was going to happen for some reason, but it went fucking great! All the openers were badass. As for Sonata : Awesome show and a great set! They played a good number of songs from each of their albums (I have the whole set list, i'm not sure if people want to read it right away), playing close to an hour and a half. It was really great to see an entire set for the band. Anyone else get to go? I saw a few people, it would be nice to hear what others thought of the show.

As for the rest of tour, It will be interesting to see how their sets will be affected with some of the other shows (The New England festival mainly), and hearing about the rest of the dates. If anyone is able to catch this show, it is well worth it. :)

I was there! It was one of the best shows I have ever seen. I am so happy that SA got such a good reception for their first show in the US. I was glad to finally see them after 3 years of avid listening to their music. I wish I could see them again before the tour is over but it may not be possible.
Cindy

I personally didn't stay to see Overkill... We did an interview with Henrik and Marko, but to be honest, it wasn't the nicest interview... Marco seemed like a dead man walking, didn't really answer the questions in a proper way (besides from "I don't know" and "Yeah").. Thank to Henrik for saving the day..

The few minutes that I saw of Overkill... didin't catch my attention whatsoever...

AngraRULES said:
I personally didn't stay to see Overkill... We did an interview with Henrik and Marko, but to be honest, it wasn't the nicest interview... Marco seemed like a dead man walking, didn't really answer the questions in a proper way (besides from "I don't know" and "Yeah").. Thank to Henrik for saving the day..

The few minutes that I saw of Overkill... didin't catch my attention whatsoever...

Yea, Marko defintely seemed majorly jet-lagged. He was a bit sleepy-looking on stage and didn't hang out afterwards like the other guys. They'd only arrived Tuesday, I think, so maybe he was adjusting a little slower.

Henrik, on the other hand, seemed in good spirits and did a great interview.

BlackenedDawn said:
This is a Sonata Arctica full set :

Intro/Misplaced
Blinded No More
Full Moon (With a part of White Pearl)
Victoria's Secret
Broken
8th Commandment
Shamandalie
Kingdom For A Heart
Replica
My Land
Black Sheep
Sing In Silence
The End of This Chapter

Encore:
Gravenimage (First few verses)/Don't Say A Word
The Cage

what happened with : "wolf and raven", "San Sebastian", "weballergy" ??

I was really surprised they didn't play Wolf and Raven too. At the end it seemed as if they were going to play one final song, but did the vodka bit instead. It was ok, the set was perfect as is, haha.

BlackenedDawn said:
Just finally came back home from the first Sonata Arctica show of the US tour. I really didn't think the show was going to happen for some reason, but it went fucking great! All the openers were badass. As for Sonata : Awesome show and a great set! They played a good number of songs from each of their albums (I have the whole set list, i'm not sure if people want to read it right away), playing close to an hour and a half. It was really great to see an entire set for the band. Anyone else get to go? I saw a few people, it would be nice to hear what others thought of the show.

As for the rest of tour, It will be interesting to see how their sets will be affected with some of the other shows (The New England festival mainly), and hearing about the rest of the dates. If anyone is able to catch this show, it is well worth it. :)
Thanks for the props. (I'm a guitarist in Division.)

SA is not my thing, but they were very impressive - tight, professional, put on a great show and sounded great. They certainly came over ready to impress...

Ahh i saw labrie the other night, and I was bored to tears. The Sonata arctica show was so freaking good that they made labrie and his E.O.P. band seem like crap in comparison. That says a lot for sonata arctica, but I was kind of pissed I wasted my money seeing labrie.

Damn, I'm not going to be able to see Sonata Arctica because tickets are sold out at the Metal and HXc fest, I'm not going anyways because of the ridiculous short set that they are doing. So fuck the fest and I'll keep my 35 dollars to spend on cds :)

They ripped up the stage last night! Wow, great show. Antithesis rocked as well... new singer, new, heavier songs. Much improvement over the last 2 times I saw them (both openning for Symphony X)

BEST FRIGGIN SHOW EVER!

I have no clue how ppl can think Tony doesnt sound good live???
He was fucking perfect...

They played a GREAT set of songs from their whole collection well worth the trip to blah I hate to say it being from Pittsburgh but Cleveland...

After last night theres no doubt in my mind that this is the best Power metal act out there and they have passed Black Label as my new fav band!!!

\m/

they recieved a 30 min. set at the "new england metal and hardcore festival". KING DIAMOND!!!!!! ruled, what a stage performance!!!!! :hotjump: