Spawns Year End CD Review Extravaganza

spawn said:
Actually, you will think the same with Cage, the vocalist sounds a LOT like Halford, they arent the most original band, but they kick ass :headbang: Cage is probably a bit heavier than Priest, thats where the Halford solo album comparisons come in, its the best of both worlds :headbang:
Sounds awesome!!! I don't criticize bands based on originality anyway, as long as the songs are good :) I love Priest, so if a band rips them off but does it well then its all good in my book! I'll have to check these guys out!

I think you will love it then, if I had a cd drive id rip a song or two for you, if you have Kazaa or something get Kill The Devil and Chupacabra :headbang:

Cage bored me. :(
Except the two tracks spawn mentioned, which happen to be the first two on the album.

I like the rest too, its just overly long, 15 tracks I think isnt it? All the same :headbang:

Blitzkrieg said:
Metallica themselves have said in interviews that they think most songs on the album need chopping down, and it just seemed like a good idea at the time, and that they won't use the same prodution again, and that they will still continue toying with solos, and they were the only things wrong with St Anger, so I can't wait to hear their next effort!

So the only things wrong with St. Anger was everything. :) Maybe they should re-record the songs (which at their basest level aren't too bad in themselves) the way they think they should have been done in the first place.

Goreripper said:
Maybe they should re-record the songs (which at their basest level aren't too bad in themselves).
That is what I am saying, the actual songs are good, and have the potential to make a classic album if they were handled the right way (production and structures mainly), and since the band have said they will handle the next album differently, I think it will be great, as long as they can keep up the standard of song writing.

spawn said:

Our Cross Our Sins by Rondinelli: This came out in 2002 it says on the cd, but it didnt reach here until 2003 so im including it. BRILLIANT vocals and great dioesque songs, good hard rock.
Tony Martin :headbang: :headbang: