Sponsor Thread

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I haven't seen a thread in as many years as I have been a sponsor (PP4- Present) that was dedicated soley to the sponsors. This is not to say that we are more important than anyone, because we are not but I rarely meet other sponsors at PP except the ones I already know (AMBR, Dave@BEC, Bear, Britt). Its time we had a thread of our own. Feel free to talk about your sponsorship (I would recommend any mention of $$$ be avoided) and how you got involved. Heres mine.

I am the sponsor of Vision Divine this year and am very very excited! Vision Divin's new album "The Perfect Machine" is exceptional. It features Olaf Thorsen who pretty much was the band Labyrinth until a few years ago. It's good uplifting, intriquing power metal with great vocals. I also have sponsored Angra, Tad Morose, and Rage and love to be a small part of the festival.

Hey there guys, My name is John, and i am from El Paso Texas. How did i get involved as a sponsor this year??? Well, first off i am a proud co-sponsor of FREAK KITCHEN, and i got there by a pretty round about way. I became involved with LANCE KING and PYRAMAZE and now i am one of the co founders and leaders of the NIGHTMARE/PYRAMAZE street team. I have missed all the previous PP fest due to job commitments(ie i was overseas in strange and excotic countries, Greece, Germany Korea Saudia Arabia, Norway, and Israel) but this year i have made plans already to be off that week and the week after. So back to the story, so i submitted a bid for sponsorship, and waited patiently(biting my nails) When FREAK KITCHEN was announced and i saw my name i almost had a heart attack, which might be expected from someone my age(54) yea i am an old man but i have been around metal since well, back when we had big black CDs (as my daughters say, and no cell phones). So now i am a sponsor and honored to be one, and i am looking forward to meeting ALL the other sponsors, sitting down and having a beer and getting to know each and every one of you. You guys and gals are what makes this festival, the sponsors, the hardcore attendees, and all the rest and of course GLENN ofr the festival and SHANE for the Pre-Party. They are tow of the most awesome people i know, and i respect both of them for having the guts to do this with their own money. CHEERS GLENN And SHANE.

John

booB said:
I am sponsoring Silence X for the pre-pre-pre-party this year.

"WTF is up with that soundman? Everything's buried in the mix!" :tickled:

I'm Paul. I thought I was the oldest and ugliest band-sponsor for PP, but Pyramaze51 has me beat, at least in the age department. :)

I've been a band-sponsor for ProgPower for almost as long as we've had band-sponsors, starting with co-sponsoring Devin Townsend, then co-sponsoring Nightwish, then Pain of Salvation and Therion last year on my own. I'm co-sponsoring Mercenary this year.

Every year, I send Glenn a 'laundry list' email with the bands I'm interested in sponsoring ("Ayreon, yeah riiight...") I've known Glenn a long time, from the old Ytsejam days, so he knows my tastes pretty well, and he's sometimes proffered an alternate band -- last year, he suggested Orphaned Land early on as a possibility, but I ended up with Therion, which is like settling for an equivalent grade of caviar or filet mignon. :tickled:

This year, at least three of the bands playing PP were on my list: Wastefall, Epica and Mercenary. After Wastefall and then Epica were announced and my name hadn't appeared as a sponsor, I started to get worried and called Glenn. "Don't worry, you'll be in there." :worship: :headbang:

I've been in with ProgPower USA since the beginning. I was at PPUSA 1, and then, with the help of my roommate Tim*, we helped Glenn work out a deal for hosting ProgPower at Earthlink Live. The venue, the crew, the bands, the excellent audience and above all Glenn have made PP the best metal fest in the world. I'm proud to be a part of it...again.

BTW, Pyramaze51, the good news is that there's usually a sponsors' meeting on Friday morning. The bad news is......it's on Friday in the morning.
zzzzzzzz :D

-----
* he knows everybody. Seriously.

Mosquito said:
I have sponsored every single band since progpower 2 with the purchase of a ticket.

Hopefully you'll help to save the kitty this year.... :tickled::tickled:

*I dont expect anyone to get this besides Glenn H.*

Hi my name is Cristen and I have been a Metal head since the age of 12.
I feel like I am at a Metal Madness meeting haha. I should be at one:loco:

I had the opportunity to sponsor Symphorce last year. I am co-sponsoring Mercenary this year. I am proud of being a part of an elite Metal festival.

For some reason I missed Mercenary at PPIV before, and I am excited to see them again(first time at Wacken fest in Germany'05) They were compleatly amazing! I am honored to help bring them back, you all will not be disappointed.

Q, we met last year but I don't think I said much to anyone about being a sponsor, well now you know:)

MetalSeamstress said:

I had the opportunity to sponsor Symphorce last year. I am co-sponsoring Mercenary this year. I am proud of being a part of an elite Metal festival.

For some reason I missed Mercenary at PPIV before, and I am excited to see them again(first time at Wacken fest in Germany'05) They were compleatly amazing! I am honored to help bring them back, you all will not be disappointed.

Q, we met last year but I don't think I said much to anyone about being a sponsor, well now you know:)
Hey Cristen!!! Can't wait to see ya! Was psyched to see your were sponsoring Mercenary. I didn't get into their set last time until song 4 so no photos. Been kicking myself ever since. Won't make that mistake again!!

BTW, Pyramaze51, the good news is that there's usually a sponsors' meeting on Friday morning. The bad news is......it's on Friday in the morning.
zzzzzzzz

OH SH*T!!!!!! MORNING!!!!!! i am not a morning person, but as long as there is coffee there i will be okay, and as far as being the oldest, HEY at least i am first in something, and i may be tied with you for ugliest, we will see, maybe we can have "THE UGLIEST SPONSOR PAGEANT" but no swimsuit competition. I can't wait to meet all of you who are sponsors, it's going to be great, and Pellaz i will depend on you that have been sponsors before to guide me through this.

John

Mary and I are sponsoring a band again this year (Freak Kitchen). Previous sponsorships were for Adagio and Conception. We're both happy to help support the best festival on the planet. I've known Glenn since the Ytsejam/PM board days as well, and continue to be amazed every year at the bands he gets for this show. See you in September...

dt

Pellaz said:
...I've been a band-sponsor for ProgPower for almost as long as we've had band-sponsors, starting with co-sponsoring Devin Townsend, then co-sponsoring Nightwish, then Pain of Salvation and Therion last year on my own. I'm co-sponsoring Mercenary this year.
Jealous of that, we started sponsoring since PP IV, Epica this year. Luv this fest!

Pellaz said:
...After Wastefall and then Epica were announced and my name hadn't appeared as a sponsor, I started to get worried and called Glenn. "Don't worry, you'll be in there." :worship: :headbang:
I hear ya, looking back I think I preferred when the bands were all just announced on 1 day, so you knew right away about the sponsor thing.

Pellaz said:
BTW, Pyramaze51, the good news is that there's usually a sponsors' meeting on Friday morning. The bad news is......it's on Friday in the morning. zzzzzzzz :D
Understand why its done then but at that time in the morinng it ain't no party. We all will have to have a sponsor drink together some other time.:kickass:

MetalSeamstress said:

Hey Babydoll!!! whats shakin!!!

Bear

Been involved in Prog Power since the first one in Chicago that cold ass February weekend back in 2001 :loco:

For Prog Power II I was already hooked on the fest but I got laid off of work and I remember telling Glenn that I could not make it out. He told me to do whatever it was to get my ass there and he would put me to work for a room. Which I did and will be eternally grateful and had the best time as well as seeing one of the best shows ever!!!!

So I have offered to help in anyway I can with the fest this year he got one of the bands on my list and added me as sponser, which I am very excited and stoked to be involved again!! I know this doesn't need to be said, but Thank you Glenn, if it was not for Prog Power USA my life would be much less fulfilled.

Bear

My wife and I are the sponsors for Evergrey, this will be our second progpower, our first Progpower was 5, due to our Jobs,and we had a child in 05, we don't have much time for vacations, matter of fact, we have been married for over 8 years and this will be our 2nd vacation. Our first vacation was Progpower 5, and we had so much fun, that when we heard of the sponsorship opportunities, we jumped on it, I felt if this is our only time to get away from our 50 hr ,6 days a week job, and to be the sponsors of Evergrey, makes it that much sweeter. I am eagerly awaiting September and can't wait to meet,all these bands. And on a side note, we will be hitting the georgia aquarium. I had a customer tell me about this place, The have whale sharks baluga whales, and many more underwater animals. So anyone arriving in Georgia, it might be something, ya might wanna do. What this has to do with metal, I have no idea. Anyways see you all there. Oh and thanks Glen, for making this all possible for my wife and I