Spouses & Prog

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
Hey, does your Wife get into your Progressive Itch???? Mine says ""What the Hell are you listening to now"":confused::confused::erk::loco:

Don't have a wife but I have a gf. I've sent her random songs but she hasn't gone crazy over anything yet. I continue to insist I'll convert her one day though. :D

When I met my wife she owned 5 albums. One of them was Nursery Cryme. She's not what I would call a prog head but there are some bands she really likes - mostly classic bands like Genesis, Black Sabbath, ELP, and Yes. We are going to see Peter Gabriel in a few weeks.

I can't imagine only owning 5 albums. :eek:

I have a hard time understanding people who are only song-oriented and don't buy full albums.

When I met my wife she owned 5 albums. One of them was Nursery Cryme. She's not what I would call a prog head but there are some bands she really likes - mostly classic bands like Genesis, Black Sabbath, ELP, and Yes. We are going to see Peter Gabriel in a few weeks.

Im sure you wont be disappionted I went to see PG at the time The Garden State Art Center with my X-wife in the late 80s...Still one of the best shows Ive ever seen..Every song was a production, The man doesnt stand still....Im jealouse..............................:D

I have to say
there are days when I talk to no one, since my wife, Donna, died.
all this music I bought keeps backing up, cause I am so into the silence
of everything.
Donna used to say she enjoyed the lyrics, alot more than the music;
I guess its how the sexs precieve emotion
women like it written down
guys like to soar in the heaven thru the music.

just a thought

jw

I have to say
there are days when I talk to no one, since my wife, Donna, died.
all this music I bought keeps backing up, cause I am so into the silence
of everything.
Donna used to say she enjoyed the lyrics, alot more than the music;
I guess its how the sexs precieve emotion
women like it written down
guys like to soar in the heaven thru the music.

just a thought

jw

Looseing a Loved one is hard....But you Have to get on with your life & interests or you will put yourself into a Rutt....And then you'll be worst off,,, Time does Heal.... but it takes longer for some people I lost 5 loved ones in a 2 yr. period... I know your Pain...........:wave:

My wife is not a huge Prog fan (she loves Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, Classical & 70's music)
BUT, my girlfriend loves prog! :Smokin:;)

Another issue I have with my gf is that she doesn't listen to much English-language music. Mostly she enjoys her J-pop/J-rock stuff (being part Japanese as she is). So there's that hurdle to overcome. Unless something really grabs her she tends to find most English-language stuff unimpressive and samey.