Stride!

not excited about stride, but maybe they'll surprise me. no room for disappointment at least. symphorce will be my real opener anyway. with that, i'll know i have PC69, therion, and strato following. symphorce! when is stride's debut out again?

SoNofBitcH said:
not excited about stride, but maybe they'll surprise me. no room for disappointment at least. symphorce will be my real opener anyway. with that, i'll know i have PC69, therion, and strato following. symphorce! when is stride's debut out again?

In October. But Glenn says it will be on sale at the festival.

So you mean there's no way for us to know Stride's music before the show? That's gonna kill me, walking blindly into their set like that!

Stride is really surprising me. I like what I hear with the new demo tracks, but I'm listening to samples from their intrumental CD, Music Machine, and I simply love it!! I've never heard really great instrumental songs like this and I'm seriously looking into buying it - if I can find it anywhere.

The song Borrowed Time sounds familiar, like I heard it somewhere, probably on this site when they were listed for the pre-party, but it escapes me.

All in all, I'm really looking forward to their debut album this winter.

DementiaGuitar said:
So you mean there's no way for us to know Stride's music before the show? That's gonna kill me, walking blindly into their set like that!

Buy it on Friday and spend the afternoon with it before the hit the stage on Saturday.

Glenn H

Now there's a thought. I probably will buy it Friday, but doubt I'll have much time to listen to it. No big deal though, surprises are good too I guess.

When I saw them at the pre-party a few years back, I had never heard their music and they blew me away. Though I'd also prefer to be familair with the new music they're going to play, I'm very much looking forward to their set.

Zod

DementiaGuitar said:

I hate that too. Especially with a prog album. And Glen's suggestion is too much like homework , pressure listenning. Plus it will be third day for most of the people preparty or Nightwish, then Firday night. It will be hard to listen a new prog album before th show.
They should release it few weeks prior to the festival or sell advance copies whatever they wantto call ...
What's wrong with that?
It is not like a commercial crap that is suppose to sell a million copies in a week so there is major marketing and distribution issues!

Sweet, sweet vocals! I'm loving the demo clip posted in the sounds section. My first impression is that they remind me of the band Seventh Sign or a less technical version of Power of Omens.

Trust me guys, this band truly impressed me at the PP Pre-party a couple years back. The vocalist is really strong and the band played really well and had a lot of energy on stage.

You won't be disappointed!