Strongest ProgPower ever at the opening slots!

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
This has got to be the strongest ProgPower ever in terms of openers.

Adagio: One of best neoclassical prog-power symphonic metal bands around. The strongest competition for Symphony X in that department.

Into Eternity: By far the best odd band ever at ProgPower (Mercenary was good, but I like Into Eternity a lot more)

Dreamscape: One of best prog metal bands in the world (same level as Vanden Plas)

Wuthering Heigths: Wasn't big fan of them until recently, but newest album kicks ass!!! The new singer is amazing.

Tad Morose: Killer band!!! I love Modus Vivendi, and their previous two albums are great as well. Heavy power metal!!!

Brainstorm: One of the bands I want to see the most. They are absolutely amazing, and I have heard that they kick ass live.

Those six bands represent the best opening group ever at a ProgPower. Each of them are kick ass bands with great releases. And none of them have played at PP before.

On the other hand, I am not too thrilled with the headliners. Three of the four bands already played at ProgPower (I always like to see new bands) and Circle II Circle (which is very similar to what members of Savatage will play) already played last year. I am not a big Savatage nor Pain of Salvation fan (all matter of opinion, so please don't start insulting me) even though I recognize their merits and high standard of musicianship. Edguy and Kamelot are cool, but I would be more excited about the first six bands.

Still, the overall line-up for ProgPower V is great and I am sure it will be a great festival!!! Unfortunately I woun't be able to assist even though I already bought my Gold Badge. Will be first ProgPower (other than the first one in Chicago) which I will miss :erk:

I am moving to Spain so it is 99% certain I won't come (I never say 100% cause you never know). On the bright side, there are tons of festivals and tours in Europe so I will make sure to see as many as I can (Wacken, Metal Mania, Sweden Rock, etc)

Have fun, guys!!! ProgPower is the best festival!!!

I agree with you 100% and would love to see Brainstorm and Adagio live :headbang: ...this year I am not sure if I can make it...:erk:

Demonspell said:
Agreed, there's a strong chance that both first of the night acts will be the show stealer this year...
I agree...looks like Adagio, Dreamscape, Tad Morose, or even Into Eternity could still the thunder easily...unless Oliva pulls something outta his a$$...of course he does have a pretty big a$$ :loco: