TAMMY Z NEEDS A RIDE: WHO'S GOT ONE?

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
Okay, the genesis of this topic is at the tail end of General Zod's thread about his fate re: ProgPower. Here's the exchange with the Metal Sistah everyone knows as sh0kr0k:

Yep, I have a new challenge everyone! Still not sure about the job thing, but now my buddy who I was going to ride with has decided to back out of going. Long story, but needless to say, I'm not sitting in a good position right now. If I attempt to buy a plane/bus/train ticket now it will likely be out of my financial range while also being able to cover my part of the hotel room too. Nearly everyone from Texas that I know is flying to the event. I would have bought a ticket months ago but until August I wasn't sure if I'd still be living in Texas or not. Since I have stayed here and it was getting closer to the festival, it was going to work perfectly that I tag along with my friend and help out with travel expenses. My car is in no position to make the trip to ATL and back, I have no credit cards so I am not renting a car, and I don't have a bike either! lol!

Haven't heard from the job yet but I'm pretty sure I'm going to turn it down now that I've had some time to think about it. I don't want to work for a cigarette company :cry:

So yes, I'm even less sure if I'm coming now. :erk:

Unacceptable! :Smug:

In the spirit of helping out a fellow PPUSA friend, is there anyone in or near the Texas area who can give Tammy a ride?

I'd like to be able to sing, "Hail! Hail! The gang's all here!" Now that the General is able to be here, I'd like to see Tammy make it as well.

Any suggestions?

Bill

*hides* Bill, I didn't know you were going to make a new thread! :lol: Thanks for the help and support, my friend! I sure hope I can come up with something this late in the game so we can rock out together! :headbang:

So yes, as the message says, I HAD my plans set but I've befallen victim to someone else's agenda. I'm not in the habit of waiting until the last minute, so I should mention that now. I should have been paying attention to the cheap airline ticket threads :Smug:

Well since this thread is already here and I can't hide from it now, I might as well put in that I can help with fuel for the car and the belly - gas and road snacks! I can bring music and good conversation too :D

PM me or post here :)

Thanks!

where there's a beloved PP regular who's having trouble, theres a way to get her there! this is the year of sponsoring patrons, so come on people! :)

That's the spirit, shaq!

There are enough PPP (that's ProgPower People) out here to make damn near anything happen -- especially something as simple as finding a way for Tammy Z to get to PPUSA this year.

That's the spirit, shaq!

There are enough PPP (that's ProgPower People) out here to make damn near anything happen -- especially something as simple as finding a way for Tammy Z to get to PPUSA this year.

I'm still waiting to find out how many patrons I need to sponsor before I qualify for VIP :p

Seriously though, this fest is all about the people there and the bands are a bonus. Last year was my first one (though I've tried to come for years) so this will be my second, and that's far too soon for people to start bailing! (or maybe that's why people are bailing? :lol:)

If anyone has an abundance of frequent flier miles it might be possible for those to be redeemed on behalf of Tammy. I'd wager there are some frequent fliers in the PP crowd. I had looked into this option myself but a quick review of my American Airlines account finds that I had drained my balance to almost zilch for my most-recent South and Central American trips. Sorry about that, Tammy.... :erk:

I'm still waiting to find out how many patrons I need to sponsor before I qualify for VIP :p

:lol: shaq if I get there, we'll definitely have to party together! It's only your 2nd year, but it'll be my 7th so you have a lot of catching up to do! *packs an extra bottle of Cabo*

If anyone has an abundance of frequent flier miles it might be possible for those to be redeemed on behalf of Tammy. I'd wager there are some frequent fliers in the PP crowd. I had looked into this option myself but a quick review of my American Airlines account finds that I had drained my balance to almost zilch for my most-recent South and Central American trips. Sorry about that, Tammy.... :erk:

Thanks for thinking of that Rick! That's very nice of you to even offer or suggest it!

For what it's worth - isn't Southwest having some super ("mini") sale after that miniskirt incident? May be worth checking into.

EDIT: http://southwest.com/hotfares/hotfares_air.html?ref=fo1_hp_070914_nationwide - not sure if that makes it more doable or not.

Wow, thanks for that link! I'd have to buy it TODAY in order to get that discount for "14-advance." I assume that means 14-days in advance, which is today if I intend to arrive on the 3rd for Oliva, which I do! :D

Thank you for all the love, guys! You're the best family a girl could hope for! Even more of a reason I can't let this go by!

I'll be at work all day today, trying to work up a few extra bucks, so I won't be around until much later. I just want to say thank you now for all the kind words, support, and help! Ya'll are amazin'! :cool:

That was a good idea suggested earlier. I checked with the airline i have enuff miles with - the schedule aint the greatest, but it would get her there & back - so if anyone else has some other options (mine is with Frontier) - get ahold of Tammy so she has some options. I'm sure some of the bigger airlines have more flights in and out of Atlanta than Frontier does.

After all, J-Dubya did say further cancellations/no-shows by Forum regulars would not be tolerated. Wouldnt want to get on his bad side, he listens to Freak Kitchen and Zappa - so you never know what he's capable of :)

Cheers,
Jeff

That was a good idea suggested earlier. I checked with the airline i have enuff miles with - the schedule aint the greatest, but it would get her there & back - so if anyone else has some other options (mine is with Frontier) - get ahold of Tammy so she has some options. I'm sure some of the bigger airlines have more flights in and out of Atlanta than Frontier does.

After all, J-Dubya did say further cancellations/no-shows by Forum regulars would not be tolerated. Wouldnt want to get on his bad side, he listens to Freak Kitchen and Zappa - so you never know what he's capable of :)

Cheers,
Jeff

This is really cool of you, Jeff.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

I can probably start singing now...

HAIL! HAIL! THE GANG'S ALL HERE!!!!!

Off-Forum or On Forum, could we get a Pay-Pal "Donation" thing going somewhat quick? What are flight costs this late in the game? I'm game to help contribute. Time is of the essence, though! Keep us posted!

Off-Forum or On Forum, could we get a Pay-Pal "Donation" thing going somewhat quick? What are flight costs this late in the game? I'm game to help contribute. Time is of the essence, though! Keep us posted!

I was thinking along these same lines, J-Dubya. If it comes to that, I'm willing to kick in some dough toward the Save Tammy Fund.