Tarja out of Nightwish?

Stingray11214 said:
That person is Canadian rocker, Tara Slone. She was the former frontwoman for Joydrop, and a competitor in the series "Rock Star: INXS".

When did she get knocked out? I don't recall seeing her. I did listen to Joydrop a little back in the day though. I ended up in the mindset of I wanted the person I least liked to win because the people I liked, I wanted to go onto better things than just singing stuff they had no involvement with. Which means.... I'm perfectly happy with who won. :devil:

For everyone else.
I guess this is kind of expected though also dreaded. I see a lot of people dropping the band because they're a lot of Tarja fanatics but I hope most will realize where Tuomas is coming from. It's not surprising, really. While I love her, she's never been a part of the band. Forget the fact that she doesn't participate in the creation of the music besides going into the studio and singing what she is given. The part where she doesn't even hang out with them shows there's a big rift. It was mentioned in Kerrang when they did their awards thing and Nightwish won something (best new band I think it was as I think I was confused how a 9 year old band could win that award). Everyone else partied while she was off in her own room. Her absense in the End of Innocence DVD wasn't by chance (you can't have her in it, if she wasn't hanging out with the band) and even in band photos it's not very often you can find Tarja with everyone else unless it's posing for something like an award picture or on stage.

While she is a great singer, there are many great singers out there. Someone who can bring more to the table might help. I do hope they stick with a female singer. And I'd like them to get back to the early way of singing where it's more operatic. Obviously, if she was holding them back from touring in the US and other places while causing the cancellation of various shows because of her attitude as opposed to being sick (as what was originally thought), then they're better off without her because that effects how fans see them and excuses can only wear thin as more are needed.

My toss-ins:

Kimberly Goss from Sinergy
Monika Pedersen (Guest vocalist on Manticora's "Darkness With Tales To Tell" album)
Karen Bodum (Guest vocalist on Manticora's "Hyperion" album)
Pamela Moore (guest vocalist on Queensryche's "Operation: Mindcrime" album)

These are voices that I'd gladly want to hear again, live, recorded, or screaming my name in the bedroom. :devil:

I still think that Nicole Bogner from VISIONS OF ATLANTIS would be the best fit. But i have a feeling TUOMAS will go with someone from The FInnish music academy.

Pamela Moore would slay... talk about kicking it up a notch! And I've been reading that Nicole left Visions of Atlantis... so who knows about her donning the spear and magic helmet? Tons of speculation going on around. With the timing about all of this across the board, it almost makes the entire soap opera (pun intended) seem contrived to a certain degree.

As for me? If interest was shown, I'd be totally up for looking into the possibility. Although my range of choice isn't usually my upper range, I can bust the notes. I highly doubt, though, they would even consider a female vocalist who a) strives to not sound too feminine with heavier material and b) who really can't stand classic operatic vocals (not talkin' Geoff Tate type, that's the exception). In an odd way, I guess my take on vocals is the polar opposite of Tarja. I adore the music, but can't stand the vocal style. Go figure ;)

By the way... THANK YOU for even suggesting me. I'm beyond flattered! :)

13ShadesofGray said:
Pamela Moore would slay... talk about kicking it up a notch! And I've been reading that Nicole left Visions of Atlantis... so who knows about her donning the spear and magic helmet? Tons of speculation going on around. With the timing about all of this across the board, it almost makes the entire soap opera (pun intended) seem contrived to a certain degree.

As for me? If interest was shown, I'd be totally up for looking into the possibility. Although my range of choice isn't usually my upper range, I can bust the notes. I highly doubt, though, they would even consider a female vocalist who a) strives to not sound too feminine with heavier material and b) who really can't stand classic operatic vocals (not talkin' Geoff Tate type, that's the exception). In an odd way, I guess my take on vocals is the polar opposite of Tarja. I adore the music, but can't stand the vocal style. Go figure ;)

By the way... THANK YOU for even suggesting me. I'm beyond flattered! :)

Colleen... listen to ONCE... they might be headed in a non-opera direction... throw your hat into the ring... at the very least you'll get tons of exposure to your site and PD as well... Julie from to-mera did.
Hell... at least if you end up in Nightwish, I'll fall into the 50% or so that don't hate the new singer.
-RBH

...and BTW- you obviously haven't heard the suckfest that is Ms. Moore's RADAR.

Sonic Cathedral said:
Colleen... listen to ONCE... they might be headed in a non-opera direction... throw your hat into the ring... at the very least you'll get tons of exposure to your site and PD as well... Julie from to-mera did.
Hell... at least if you end up in Nightwish, I'll fall into the 50% or so that don't hate the new singer.
-RBH

...and BTW- you obviously haven't heard the suckfest that is Ms. Moore's RADAR.

Oceanborn and Once are the two albums I actually can handle the vocals on, lol. The exposure would indeed be worthwhile no matter what. :) And PD. Man, that's the other thing... Everyone would have to be okay with that, ya know? So... for the sake of asking... How would one go about tossing their hat in the ring? lol

And I have not heard the Radar suckfest, lol. Thanks for the head up ;)

Bryan316 said:
Well can you find yourself a band to get on the Prog Power stage???

Hurry up, now... we all now know that you're talent just sitting on a shelf waiting to explode!

lol Bryan, thanks :) I swear, with the PD and project happenings (Marcel Coenen and Pantommind), I am hoping that it will happen :D If Glenn were up for having an Unsigned act, I'd be busting my ass to make another PD appearance happen (with special guest DC Cooper, of course). :headbang:

13ShadesofGray said:
That's the other thing... PD. Everyone would have to be okay with that, ya know? So... for the sake of asking... How would one go about tossing their hat in the ring? lol

Keep an eye on their site. Are they looking for a new singer or do they have one in their "back pocket" so to speak?

If they're having auditions, follow their instructions as well as a musical resume included.

What's the harm in trying?

-Metal

I've read alot of rumors, so who knows if the back pocket is filled ;) The site has no mention as of yet, nor the forum. I've been pondering the thought since I first heard about the split, so I've been checking in frequently there.

Btw, m'lady... Hope you're doing well :)

As Colleen eluded to Nicole has left VOA for personnel and professional reasons hmmmmmm. VOA played with NIGHTWISH in Zurich, and i read a review that TUOMAS was amazed at Nicole's voice. Now she is gone from VOA well one can speculate. But colleen the new vocalist for VOA is Melissa Ferlaak from Minneapolis Minn. who has a Masters from the MASS conservatory of music so you see there is a way and we here will support you if you do try.

Pyramaze51 said:
But colleen the new vocalist for VOA is Melissa Ferlaak from Minneapolis Minn. who has a Masters from the MASS conservatory of music so you see there is a way and we here will support you if you do try.

Melissa has an amazing voice and is a killer person to boot. :)

(For those of you at PPV She is the vocals on the Aesma Daeva CD I handed out.)

-Metal