The 10 greatest metal albums of all time...

Here we go.

Opeth - Still Life
Amorphis - Tuonela
Sentenced - Frozen
Paradise Lost - Draconian Times
In Flames - Whoracle
Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
Samael - Eternal
The Haunted - The Haunted Made Me Do It
Tiamat - Wildhoney
Nightwish - Wishmaster

spawn said:
Fear Factory is great! The only album I dont like of theirs is the first one, all the rest are fanbloodytastic !:headbang: Digimortal is a great album!

I know that their first album (Soul of a new machine) is a bit death metal-ish and the songs are pretty short, but I didn't think it was that bad. Took me a couple of listens before it grew on me though.

I dont know how they made the leap from SOANM to Demanufacture, Demanufacture almost sounds like another band completely to me! :)

Maiden - Seventh Son
Megadeth - RIP
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera
Dream Theater - Images And Words
Carcass - Heartwork
Symphony X - V
Star One - Space Metal
Andromeda - II=I
Opeth - Blackwater Park

1. Opeth - Blackwater Park
2. Metallica - Master of Puppets
3. In Flames - Clayman
4. Alice in Chains - Dirt
5. Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
6. At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul

these bands would claim the next 20 spots aswell

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Megadeth - Rust in Piece
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
Demons & Wizards - Demons & Wizards
Celesty - Reign of Elements :D
Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses
Type O Negative - October Rust
Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica
Spinal Tap - This is Spinal Tap (The Black Album/Smell the Glove)

its not out yet ;)

and trust me. Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning make my vomit out my dick.

That says something :D

Judas Priest-Stained Class
Iced Earth-Night Of The Stormrider
Queensryche-Operation:Mindcrime
Savatage-Hall Of The Mountain King/Edge Of Thorns(tie)
Anthrax-Persistance Of Time
Overkill-Horrorscope
Coroner-No More Color
Dark Angel-Darkness Descends
Helloween-Keeper Of The Seven Keys,Pt. 1
Iron Maiden-Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Death-The Sound Of Perseverance

In No Order:
Judas Priest - Killing Machine
Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest for the Wicked
Anthrax - Persistance of Time
Skid Row - Slave to the grind
Queenryche - Operation Mindcime
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry
WASP - Crimson Idol
Led Zepplin - IV
Kiss - Revenge
Rollins Band - Weight
Black Sabbath - Paranoid

This probably changes quite regularly but it is safe to say that it s mainly 80's with some 70's i would think.Anyway, my list is (in no particular order)...hard to limit to one album per band!

Motley Crue -Too Fast for Love
Judas Priest - British Steel
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Lep Zeppelin - II
Skid Row - Skid Row
WASP - WASP
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
Metallica - Kill em All
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
DIO - Holy Diver

yes,i know that's 12!i couldn't narrow it down any further!:Spin:

Sydo.... Do you like Perfect Elephant at all? Or just not as much as Remedy Lane?

I am thinking of albums to put in my list, but I seriously can't decide between Entropia, Remedy Lane, and Perfect Elephant for my choice of Pain of Salvation albuim...... bah

Ok fuck it...

Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Brilliant album. Just beats out Perfect Element Pt 1 and Entropia. Every song has so much depth and emotion, especially the hauntingly beautiful 'I Pledge (Heart of Mine). Everyone should own this as it deserves to be labelled a classic... Although it never will be!

Deep Purple - In Rock
I like this alot better than the more popular Machine Head. In Rock is really what started it all. The raw energy between Blackmore/Gillan.Glover/Lord/Paice on this album kicks my ass everytime. Speed King, Child in Time, Into the Fire, Bloodsicker, Flight of the Rat... Enough Said

Dream Theater - Images and Words
Just beat out Scenes and Awake. Every song on this album is a classic, especially Metropolis and Lerning to Live

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
My fave Maiden album. Caught somewhere in time, Lonlieness of the Long distance runner, Wasted Years. An album ahead of its time. Adrian :rocks:

Transatlantic - Bridge across Forever
This album is pushing to be my favorite album EVER! It is pure magic. The 2 25 min + songs Duel with the Devil and Stranger in your Soul are unbelievable. So much emotion and brilliance. Awesome songwriting. This is real spine tingling stuff!

Liquid Tension Experiment 2
Not Metal, but fuck you Spawn :) When the Water breaks is 16 minutes of orgasmic goodness!

Queensryche - Opration Miiiindcriiime!
What can I say that people dont already know?! Suite sister Mary :headbang: !!!!!!

Rainbow - Rising
In my opinion, the pinnacle of Dio's career. He and Ritchie Blackmore had such a chemistry and it was evident to the bullshit on this album. Stargazer, A Light in the Black. I'd shit in Ceydn's pants!!

Bruce Dickinson - Chemical Wedding
You have said it all. :headbang:

Perfect Elephant rocks! Been listening to it at work every day over the last couple of weeks! :headbang: Must try and find some of their other stuff.

Spruce Goose said:
Sydo.... Do you like Perfect Elephant at all? Or just not as much as Remedy Lane?

I'm getting into it.
The difference is that I loved Remedy Lane from the very first listen - and listened to it pretty constantly for weeks on end. The Perfect Elephant didn't seem to interest me as much straight away, and because of that I never gave it the listen it really deserves. I'll have it in the car for a few days, and end up replacing it with Remedy Lane - probably for no other reason than familiarity.
I want to be friends with The Perfect Elephant - but Remedy Lane wont let me. :)

My thoughts on Bridge Across Forever?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1574&item=2535801778

hehe.

I hear ya. It wants to be your friend Sydo... It really does. Just give it time mate. The last song is awesome! I love when Daniel starts singing in the high pitch. Sends shiver me timbers down my spine everytime..

When I first got Perfect Elephant, I listened to the first half over and over as I thought that 1-5 were more superior than 6-12, but the longer I had the album, the more I realised it was good from 1-12

And Entropia is exactly the same. People Passing By is probably my favorite POS song